[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Some people are idiots...

keggerz

Short version:

Some dumb biatch locked her dog in her van in 90 degree heat(windows cracked about 2 inches max). I called the police and when the owner showed up about an hour and 40 minutes later she was issued a ticket (class 4 misdemeanor). Oh and Animal Control took a temp from the inside of the van and it was 118 degrees :wacko:

Long version:

Today my wife and I took our dog for a walk in downtown Williamsburg. It was hot, between 88-90 degrees so I made sure that I brought our special water carrier. Probably stopped 3-4 times in about an hour walk to let our 18 lb min pin drink and rest. We get back to our car and I hear a dog barking from a van. At first I figured that the owners of the van were just parking or getting ready to leave but as I looked a bit more it didn't look like there was anyone in the van. So I walked over to see and sure enough someone left their dog, approximately about a 60-80 lb beagle looking mix in the van. All four windows were cracked about an inch or two and there was a bowl that looked like it had water in it but at this point it was empty. Since it was close to 90 degrees out and the dog did appear to be panting I took it upon myself to call the non-emergency police number and report the incident. I was told Animal Control would come out and deal with the issue. We decided to wait to see if everything worked out ok for the dog. Another lady that was walking her dog stopped and she also called it in but she called 911. A police officer arrived and said the dog didn't look to be in any jeopardy and he was going to wait to see if the owners showed up. At that point we decided we were going to take our dog home since we had some errands to run but after we dropped her off I wanted to go back and see if the van was gone yet. Well when we got back the police officer was still there and the dog was still locked in the van. Total time from my call, 1hour and 20 minutes. At this point that officers boss showed up and about 5 minutes later Animal Control showed up too. Not sure why Animal Control wasn't there earlier like I was told they would be but in any event they got the van unlocked and removed the dog. As they were trying to give it water the owner (woman in her 40's is my guess along with another woman and 2 kids (1, 7ish and 1 3ish)) showed up and was like "what are you doing with my dog?" I was watching from afar, and I hear her say she was only gone for about 20 minutes (lie, total time at this point is in excess of 1:40 from when I called) and get this she says she works for a vet clinic and knew the dog would be ok. The one officer didn't like her tone and told her that she was very close to being put in cuffs and taken to jail, then she said would you have left your kids in the van for 20 minutes to which the answer of course was no. Well, I know they issued her a ticket as the first officer talked to me after everything was over. Said that her summons was a class 4 misdemeanor and he thanked me for calling. I told him I had one question, how hot was it in the van (I saw Animal Control put a thermometer in the van). He said it was 118 degrees (my car temp reading showed it was 88). My guess is it was much hotter than that in there because they didn't take the temperature until after the doors had been open to the van for at least 5 minutes. Sometimes it is so easy to hate people.

edit: if the owner hadn't shown up when she did Animal Control was probably about 5 minutes from putting the dog in her truck and taking it away.

Edited by keggerz

Someone should lock her in the car for a few hours & she how she likes it.

Good job, Keg! :tup::lol: I'd put her(the owner) in a microwave for about 3 minutes and see how she feels. :wacko:

What are these idgets thinking????

She probably raises her children as crappy as her dog, too. Good on you, Keg, for speaking up. :wacko:

We should let her and Michael Vick fight to the death. At least rid this planet of one idiot. If we're lucky, they'll kill each other simultaneously.

`We should let her and Michael Vick fight to the death. At least rid this planet of one idiot. If we're lucky, they'll kill each other simultaneously.
Dreamer. I mean, racist.

Besides she's at such a disadvantage that it only makes sense if she has a gun.

Props for calling this in and for the authorities actually punishing the POFS. Refreshing if not shocking. I also pity her kids quite a lot.