[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your draft grade for your team

BeeR

I agree with everything until the "I'd much rather part". You gotta remember that the Falcons are a young team, so at this stage a bunch more developmental guys (some who you might end up having to cut) might not make the most sense.

You really can't evaluate this Falcons draft until they get through FA, but that's actually a good reason why the do-it-all kicker they got was a good pick. He can free up a roster-spot, and Blank has already indicated that's he's not going to be scared to open up his checkbook and make a splash in free-agency.

Dent's not my favorite bulldawg either, but a claer upgrade over Nicholas who could never get it done, and could probably start immediately at LB.

Grade: B - Depending on what they do in free-agency, I'll be fair and give them a B for a real steal with Quizz in the 5th, but downgrade them if they do nothing to address CB and DE.

They Must get a CB and DE (and some safeties) or we will have a repeat of last year... one and done in the playoffs (or worse.)

Giants:

1. CB Prince Amukamara: No brainer, best player available at 19 overall. They were stunned that he fell this far. CB was not a position of need but you can never have too many good corners. The Giants play the Saints and Packers this year, not to mention the 'girls and dogfighters. They will see their share of multi WR sets.

2. DT Marvin Austin: A 1st round talent who slipped because he was suspended all of last season for taking money from an agent. He also has a reputation as a selfish player. So a bit of risk, especially this early but they believe this was too much value to pass up. He blew up the combine and seems motivated. It's impossible to tell with these guys but he's saying all the right things and looks like a beast. I can't wait to see what he can do.

3. WR Jerrel Jernigan: The guy I'm most excited about. The return game has suuuuucked in recent years and this guy makes it instantly better. Anything he does as a receiver is gravy IMO. He's got some pretty good players ahead of him.

4. T James Brewer: We need o-line depth, and this guy is a beast. Hopefully he'll develop into something in a year or three. You can't expect much more from a tackle this late.

6A. ILB Greg Jones: Linebacker was the biggest need and they waited until the 6th round to grab one. :wacko: They are talking about him like he could compete for a stating job right away, and it wouldn't surprise me given the competition.

6B. S Tyler Sash: A developmental project who will probably play special teams for a while. He's considered a high character guy with a great work ethic, but not exceptionally fast or athletic.

6C. LB Jacquian Williams: Very athletic but raw. Played with Jason Pierre-Paul at South Florida. Has 3 kids. You now know everything I know about him.

7. RB Da'Rel Scott: Fastest RB in the draft, so would seem to be a steal in the 7th. Had a monster game at the Military Bowl and scored a TD in the Senior Bowl.

Overall I give them an A-. There is always the caveat that we won't truly know who drafted well for 2-3 years, but they did their homework, didn't reach for need picks and got good value. I think there is a very good chance that the first three picks will contribute right away, and if ANY of the others do too, it's an A+. Such things are impossible to predict.