[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

itunes problem

chester

I don't have an ipod (still cds), but I told my wife I'd ask you guys after our 18 year old couldn't figure it out (when an 18 year old can't fix technology, you're in trouble). So I asked him to email an exact question for you guys. Here it is:

"I've been having some problems with my itunes, every single time i try to load a new disk onto my itunes it doesn't register any of the tags on the disk, i have the music but it won't load the artist or album names, i've tried troubleshooting and itunes offers no viable ways to remedy the situation. Anybody have suggestions?"

I don't have an ipod (still cds), but I told my wife I'd ask you guys after our 18 year old couldn't figure it out (when an 18 year old can't fix technology, you're in trouble). So I asked him to email an exact question for you guys. Here it is:

"I've been having some problems with my itunes, every single time i try to load a new disk onto my itunes it doesn't register any of the tags on the disk, i have the music but it won't load the artist or album names, i've tried troubleshooting and itunes offers no viable ways to remedy the situation. Anybody have suggestions?"

I don't have iTunes at work, so I can't tell you where to look, but it sounds like his options are set up to not look for the data on the internet when the CD is inserted.

I believe this is an option but may not be Internet (Gracenote) based. I think you can set iTunes to NOT read the CD data when loading the tunes, which might be helpful if you want to do your own tagging for some reason, I guess.

I just loaded iTunes. Under Preferences => General, there's an option that says, "When you insert CD ..." Underneath that, it says, "Automatically retrieve CD track names from Internet." Mine is checked. It appears to be the default, because I've never messed with it.

edit: This is iTunes 10.

Edited by montster

I just loaded iTunes. Under Preferences => General, there's an option that says, "When you insert CD ..." Underneath that, it says, "Automatically retrieve CD track names from Internet." Mine is checked. It appears to be the default, because I've never messed with it.

I thought it used the embedded CD data before going out to Gracenote. Evidently not.

It is itunes 10, and that box is checked.

Windows or Mac?

People with Windows have responded here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/259508...=0&tstart=0

One response:

Hi, I had the same problem even after updating to 10.0.1. So I decided to reinstall iTunes. I downloaded latest installer and it turs out that ther is "repair" option during instalation (I think "repair" is also avilable in Windows control panel -> programs and features -> uninstall a program)

Now the problem is fixed.