[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

toughest kid i've ver seen

polksalet

Thursday night Jr. weighed in at around 81.5. He needed to cut 1.5 lbs in 24 hrs. to make weight in his natural division. Well I don't know if it is his natural division or not but he is HUGE in the 80 lb ers. He told me he would do whatever it took to make weight. Friday he had nothing for breakfast and half of a protein bar for lunch and about 2 sips of milk. After school Friday we did a medicine ball circuit with wind sprints in the yard while wearing a parka. He wore the parka and long sleeve shirt with two pairs of pants to fort worth that night. He stepped on the scale, snatched his shirt off and posed/flexed and it read "77.0 lbs.". Well I came down with some sort of sinus issue and couldn't fight saturday so we slept in and went to arena to watch last of fights. The dude who won my division is about 6-6 260. I'm sorta glad I missed out haha.

Fast forward to today. In his first fight he fought 10 y/o cute girl in nogi. She was absolutely awesome and caught in in a tight armbar as time ran out. He spun and tapped giving her the win by submission He was holding his elbow and crying tears (that never happens) saying his arm hurt. I rubbed it down and about 10 minutes later he fought again. He went about 2:30 of the three minute round when the next kid caught him in an armbar. He laid on his back hollering and the medic came over and informed me that he had a dislocated radius bone and reset it. Jr. said it felt better and I was going home. He got mad and told me he was good and wanted to stay and fight again. Even though he didn't win any they gave him fourth out of eight.

He then recovered for about an hour and began fighting gi. His first draw was the current oklahoma state wrestling champion for their weight. He caught just in an awesome side lateral drop and ended the fight catching jr in yet another armbar. His next fight was the cute girl again and who beat him with yet another armbar on the same wounded arm. He took third in the gi division. He slept for about 2 hours on the way home and says its pain free and the swelling is gone. I'll post the vids. Its unreal. I'm more proud of him now than I was when he swept the lower division at Christmas.