[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Computer Question

whomper

Excellent start, but run the malware scan again and/or run another one. Even running the same one twice can find things it didn't get the first time. If you ran a quick scan the first time run a full scan now. It's amazing where all this little crap can hide.

Yeah I did do the full scan. i figured I was loaded with crap so did the full one

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To find where most of your crap is at, I like to use WinDirStat. It goes through your drive(s) and tells you where most of your junk is at. Further, the Explorer like window allows you to delete from it without having to open another window.

As far as my hard drive , it had a capacity of 36 g (i think g was the term) and I had used a little over 30 :tup:

:wacko: Thanks . I did what Az suggested last night and did a search for all files over 10k and deleted the ones that I knew were safe to delete and I believe I did see some of these registry files.

Comp is moving faster but I do have to free up some room on the hard drive. The max capacity is 37 gb and I have used 30. Evene after dumping some big files and programs I still havent freed up much room.

did you empty recycle bin afterward? go ahead and let that disk cleanup tool run for a good long while before you give up on it as being "frozen".

did you empty recycle bin afterward? go ahead and let that disk cleanup tool run for a good long while before you give up on it as being "frozen".

yes I did and OK I will let that disk clean up run ill just run it and leave it be for a few hours

download and install Advanced System Care. in addition to cleaning up spyware and malware, it removes old registry entries, cleans up junk files, removes stuff you don't need, scans to see if you need a defrag, etc. I run it at least once a month.

downloaded it and ran it. it showed me 4000 files that it was going to clean up in the junk folder then stopped. when i went to do it again it stopped at the same point and said I needed to buy the sofware in order to clear up the files :wacko:

That disk clean up is frozen. I let it run last night overnight and it just doesnt move. It says compacting old files and calculating how much disk space it will free up. But it never does

That disk clean up is frozen. I let it run last night overnight and it just doesnt move. It says compacting old files and calculating how much disk space it will free up. But it never does

Try this:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823302

or did you already delete all the tmp files?