[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Resetting my computer to an older date?

muck

I run Windows XP 2002 with Service Pack 3.

I've been told that I need to reset my computer to a prior day (i.e., midnight, Friday, July 1, 2011), if possible.

I didn't change any files on the computer on Saturday, Sunday, Monday or today, so I can't think I'd lose any data.

The reason for the reset is that a database I use worked fine on Friday, but didn't on Saturday. So much so that all the information I put into it over the past two years is gone, and I've been told that the best way to recover it is to reset the computer.

Thoughts / suggestions / help?

TIA.

Edited by muck

I run Windows XP 2002 with Service Pack 3.

I've been told that I need to reset my computer to a prior day (i.e., midnight, Friday, July 1, 2011), if possible.

I didn't change any files on the computer on Saturday, Sunday, Monday or today, so I can't think I'd lose any data.

The reason for the reset is that a database I use worked fine on Friday, but didn't on Saturday. So much so that all the information I put into it over the past two years is gone, and I've been told that the best way to recover it is to reset the computer.

Thoughts / suggestions / help?

TIA.

Ohhh, man. Muck, how do you have an important database and NOT back it up? :wacko:

I've never heard of resetting the clock back to recover lost data. Did you lose the entire database? Did it just get corrupted and you can't open it? What database program/software are you using? Does thte software auto-backup maybe?

Edited by tosberg34

The database is a custom built thing I use for a hobby of mine. I know nothing about it (other than how to load information into it). I still don't know if I have a backup or not.

I tried it.

It didn't work.

I undid the reset.

It still didn't work.

I'm asking a friend for his copy of the data; hopefully he'll send it and THAT will work.

I tried it.

It didn't work.

I undid the reset.

It still didn't work.

I'm asking a friend for his copy of the data; hopefully he'll send it and THAT will work.

That sucks. Now get a backup solution in place! Do you have an external drive?

That sucks. Now get a backup solution in place!

And find a better database. What POS. Depending on how busy your data is, you could probably whip up something easily enough in Access or even Excel.