[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Movie Review: Insidious (There be Spoilers in here)

cliaz

(Again, spoilers be in here so you have been warned twice now)

By far this has to be one of the poorest, most sloppiest rip off I have ever seen come out of Bollywood let alone Hollywood. I am completely dumbfounded as to how this movie received a green light, had actors that wanted to have their names tied to it or how it was even released to the movie theaters. For those of you on FB with me I stand by my status update in that this movie is practically verbatim Poltergeist. You had your father that was the bread winner and refusing to believe what was going on at first, the stay at home mother and the child that gets 'sucked' away into the spirit world. At least when they ripped off Zelda Rubenstein's character they had the notion to make her a full grown old women instead of the dwarf and even her two 'helpers' were carbon copies of the people from Poltergeist. Absolutely deplorable that Hollywood attempted to pass this movie off as something legit.

And let me tell you, the characters' believability, phooey. A mother who truly believes her house is haunted by a malevolent spirit and is in fear for her safety wouldn't sit out on a porch in the middle of the night while the children sleep in their rooms or sit there in her bedroom after being attacked by a ghost crying on the floor instead of running to her children's room to check on them or, for that matter, leave her infant in a crib on the opposite side of the house on the top floor while she and others investigate the house and performed seances. If it wasn't for the fact that this movie fails in almost all categories I would find the mother's actions laughable at best. There was no chemistry between the husband and the wife so I was never at any point connecting with the characters.

And the main entity, :wacko: I mean come on, it truly looked like Nightcrawler and Darth Maul banged each other and gave birth to it. Seriously, take the body of Nightcrawler from X-men II, cut off his head and put Darth Maul's head on it. I was half hoping Jar-Jar Binks would come flopping through the living room saying something like, "Messa thinks youssa is moowie, moowie wasting youssa tick-tocks" because at least then I would know it was all intentionally done to be funny.

And the ending, well, let's just say if you've seen Paranormal Activity then you know the ending of this train wreck.

The only things I find even remotely close to redeeming this movie for wasting my time and money were the 3 or 4 jump-scare scenes. But even in that it wasn't very well done. Every cliche' in sudden horror frights were put in place and a blind man could see those scenes coming a mile away.

At least Barbra Hershey had that fine a$$ cougar thing going on and I will most defiantly beat the one-eyed yogurt slinging python to her tonight.

Summary:

Horrible, terrible, laughable, eye rollable, and down right plagiarism. I would rather watch all 3 transformer movies for eternity than ever see this movie or another James Wan film again. It is so bad that it ruined the original SAW for me simply because Wan did it.

I haven't seen it.....surely won't now! But here's an answer for you on why they may have made this movie:

Poltergeist was about 30 years ago, meaning you have almost two generations of kids who never saw it and can't make that connection. My daugher posted on her FB page something to the effect of...."Insidious is even better watching it in total darkness"...implying that she not only likes this drivel but has watched it more than once!.

Kids today will buy and watch anything....it doesn't matter if it's good, bad, ripped off, whatever. Video something...anything...and they will not only watch it, but they will watch it over and over, and tell their friends about it. It's the YouTube generation mentality.

I haven't seen it.....surely won't now! But here's an answer for you on why they may have made this movie:

Poltergeist was about 30 years ago, meaning you have almost two generations of kids who never saw it and can't make that connection. My daugher posted on her FB page something to the effect of...."Insidious is even better watching it in total darkness"...implying that she not only likes this drivel but has watched it more than once!.

Kids today will buy and watch anything....it doesn't matter if it's good, bad, ripped off, whatever. Video something...anything...and they will not only watch it, but they will watch it over and over, and tell their friends about it. It's the YouTube generation mentality.

I hear ya but if I were stephen speilburg I would be lining up my lawyers to after this guy. it was stupid how close the movie is to poltergeist.