[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys O line starting to take shape

Cowboyz1

Looks like Phil Costa, second year pro out of Maryland is going to start somewhere on the line and it may just be Center. Jones and Garrett have expressed how much they love this kids play. His reads are fast and has done a great job in assignment recognition. Gurode although a pro bowl Center has lacked in making the line calls, so much so that Kosiar has been making them. When Kyle was out the line suffered and there were a lot of missed assignments and blown blitz pickups.

Costa may just take over at Center and make all the line calls and push Gurode over to Guard which he played a lot in his career already. I like the idea of Gurode at Guard and Costa at Center. Keeps Holland off the field and the line can execute screens and stretch plays more efficiently. If the line stays healthy we may have become not only younger in one year but much more athletic and sound.

Free...Gurode....Costa...Kosiar....Smith

Holland as a backup swing Guard and coming in on the heavy package for shortyardage and goaline. We still don't have a quality backup for the Tackle position as Parnell is young and I really dont like Young at all. We really need to address the backup Tackle position. Wish we would have kept Colombo for insurance as he said he would work at a reduced roll and contract cost. Makes me nervous.

I do believe if the starters stay healthy Romo and Felix will have a great year.

I can't wait for the Redskins/Cowboy games this year. While I am not taking away anything from the Bears/Greenbay rivalry at all, the RS/CB one I look forward too each year with, dare I say, baited breath.

Yeah I can't wait to kick the Skin's arses twice! :wacko: