[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rams week one injury tracker

STL Fan

According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:

The injury-ravaged St. Louis Rams got some good news and potentially some very bad news today in the aftermath of their season-opening 31-13 loss to the Eagles.

In the good news department, the injury to quarterback Sam Bradford's right index finger has been diagnosed as a bruise. Coach Steve Spagnuolo called it a day-to-day situation and indicated that it was possible that Bradford could practice Wednesday. "We are talking about his throwing hand," Spagnuolo said. "We'll just see as we go."

The bad news concerned cornerback Ron Bartell. His injury initially was thought to be a stinger, but a CT scan and an MRI on Sunday night revealed two fractures high in Bartell's neck. The severity still is being determined, but it could be a season-ending injury.

Running back Steven Jackson has a strained thigh muscle and probably will miss next Monday night's game against the Giants. After that, Spagnuolo said, it'll be a week-to-week evaluation.

Wide receiver Danny Amendola was getting an MRI on his dislocated left elbow this afternoon. The results are not in yet. Spagnuolo said trainer Reggie Scott doesn't believe that Amendola will need surgery, although the MRI could change that. "They're trying to do a little bit more research on it," Spagnuolo said.

FWIW, Clayton may have jumped the gun on Amendola. We'll see.

Edited by STL Fan

Schefter is reporting that Amendola is lobbying the trainers and coaches to play Monday night. No way I realistically see that happening, but if he's close enough to even think about it, that's probably a good sign.

Unless Schefter's source is as reliable as Clayton's source was who said he was going to miss 8-10 games.

Schefter is reporting that Amendola is lobbying the trainers and coaches to play Monday night. No way I realistically see that happening, but if he's close enough to even think about it, that's probably a good sign.

Unless Schefter's source is as reliable as Clayton's source was who said he was going to miss 8-10 games.

I heard them talking about that on 101.1 this afternoon.

I think they'd be crazy to put him out there so soon, but I agree it's great news that he's chomping at the bit.

Edited by DanTheMan_5

Rams installing rookie Salas as slot receiver

Coach Steve Spagnuolo announced Wednesday that rookie Greg Salas will be the Rams' slot receiver moving forward.

Danny Amendola wants to return ahead of schedule from his dislocated elbow, but Salas is a sneaky pickup for the meantime. In his first 17 NFL games, Sam Bradford targeted Amendola a team-high 120 times (seven a game), leaving behind a bevy of balls to be spread amongst the remaining healthy receivers. The starters outside figure to remain Mike Sims-Walker and Brandon Gibson. The Rams are heaping a lot of responsibility on and showing confidence in their fourth-round rookie. Salas should be owned in all leagues. Source: Bernie Miklasz on Twitter Sep 14 - 10:33 PM

Any value here?