[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rams week one injury tracker

STL Fan

Jackson- strained quad. Played one play after the injury and took himslef out. MRI tomorrow

Bradford - hit throwing hand on helmet. X-ray on index finger inconclusive, MRI tomorrow. Couldn't feel the ball.

OT Jason Smith - ankle injury, did not return, MRI tomorrow

Danny Amendola - left elbow dislocation, MRI tomorrow

Brandon Gibson - exploratory surgery scheduled for tomorrow to see if he does indeed have hands. Post-game examination inconclusive.

:wacko:

All WRs and TEs getting checked for hands. Was the "drops" as bad on TV as it seemed at the game? Looked like SJ39's hammy bit him on the TD run, at about the 10 yard line. Guess I was wrong and it's his quad.

They looked bad from section 127, I can tell you that.

Assuming Bradford is okay, the Rams will be okay.

They played one of the best teams in the league today. They have a CRAZY tough schedule to start the season.

They'll win their 6/7 games this season.

The drops were awful, but Kendricks was a nervous rookie. You can see talent there. He'll be fine.

And I'd like to assume the receivers as a whole will be okay and hold onto the ball.

As long as Bradford is okay, the Rams will be okay IMO.

Let me add...BUT they will get off to a real tough start with their schedule. They are a year away from that next step IMO. But they'll be okay this season after the first 6 or so.

Edited by giantsfan

Bradford update, from KFFL:

Updating a previous report, St. Louis Rams QB Sam Bradford (hand) said X-rays on his hand were negative and he expects to play in Week 2.

Awesome news. The radio sideline reporter said he needed help getting out of his uniform and pads because he couldn't use that hand. He's a tough dude, I have no doubt he'll play if there's any possibility.

Assuming Bradford is okay, the Rams will be okay.

They played one of the best teams in the league today. They have a CRAZY tough schedule to start the season.

They'll win their 6/7 games this season.

The drops were awful, but Kendricks was a nervous rookie. You can see talent there. He'll be fine.

And I'd like to assume the receivers as a whole will be okay and hold onto the ball.

As long as Bradford is okay, the Rams will be okay IMO.

Except that they had 8 wins last year and all expectations for this year were for at least that many this year and a good shot at winning the division. 6/7 wins would not be considered OK at all.

Except that they had 8 wins last year and all expectations for this year were for at least that many this year and a good shot at winning the division. 6/7 wins would not be considered OK at all.

Over expectations IMO. Again, look at their start...lucky to win 2 of those games.

Very difficult to see more than 8 wins with that schedule. They won 7 last season with a much easier schedule.

So this may be an expectation thing IMO. Win your 7/8 games this season (with a crazy start), and realize you are a year away IMO.

Over expectations IMO. Again, look at their start...lucky to win 2 of those games.

Very difficult to see more than 8 wins with that schedule. They won 7 last season with a much easier schedule.

So this may be an expectation thing IMO. Win your 7/8 games this season (with a crazy start), and realize you are a year away IMO.

I think they'll be lucky to win one of their first six, but after that it gets MUCH easier.

Agreed. Say 1-6 just for argument...then go 7-2 and there is your 8 wins. Just can't see much more than that with this start.

That seems about right, and that would probably be enough to contend for this weak-ass division.

I went all in on Sam Bradford in drafts this year, hoping he would emerge into a top ten QB. That plan may need to be scrapped, but regardless of fantasy implications, I really hope he is okay. I couldn't imagine how scared he must be not knowing if his career is in jeopardy, not to mention the blow it would be to a franchise that really needs this kid.

I went all in on Sam Bradford in drafts this year, hoping he would emerge into a top ten QB. That plan may need to be scrapped, but regardless of fantasy implications, I really hope he is okay. I couldn't imagine how scared he must be not knowing if his career is in jeopardy, not to mention the blow it would be to a franchise that really needs this kid.

Did I miss something? :wacko:

Sorry, I hear things like "nerve damage" and my mind jumps to conclusions. Still, if your hand is numb and you don't know why, he might be thinking things like that.

Dude banged his finger, and said after the game he's playing next week. Man, THAT was a leap!

Dude banged his finger, and said after the game he's playing next week. Man, THAT was a leap!

I hope you're right and all he did was bang his finger. Don't you think the idea of nerve damage sounds concerning?

ETA - Opie will be along everntually to make a joke about fingerbanging.

Edited by MTSuper7

Brandon Gibson - exploratory surgery scheduled for tomorrow to see if he does indeed have hands. Post-game examination inconclusive.

:wacko:

Kendricks looked worse in all honesty. The ones that Gibson dropped where catchable, but left Gibson out to dry.

Bradford didn;t look sound at all but all his receivers weren't helping him much!

Kendricks looked worse in all honesty. The ones that Gibson dropped where catchable, but left Gibson out to dry.

Bradford didn;t look sound at all but all his receivers weren't helping him much!

Yeah, Bradford was off yesterday. Kendricks looked horrible and all the dropped passes were almost unbearable to watch.

Yeah, Bradford was off yesterday. Kendricks looked horrible and all the dropped passes were almost unbearable to watch.

He dropeed two balls right in his hands. BUT he also put himself in those spots to be open and showed good ability IMO.

I give the kid a pass. Clearly a rookie in his first NFL game filled with nerves. If it continues to happen past yesterday THEN I will have issues with the kid.

He dropeed two balls right in his hands. BUT he also put himself in those spots to be open and showed good ability IMO.

I give the kid a pass. Clearly a rookie in his first NFL game filled with nerves. If it continues to happen past yesterday THEN I will have issues with the kid.

This. Brandon Gibson has used up his passes. Since he became a Ram, he has done two things consistently - 1. Use his speed to get open 2. Drop the ball

And I agree with the other post here that said that Bradford had an off day. Probably his worst day as a Ram, but also his first day (regular season) in the McD system. As long as his finger is OK, he'll pick it up.

I hope you're right and all he did was bang his finger. Don't you think the idea of nerve damage sounds concerning?

ETA - Opie will be along everntually to make a joke about fingerbanging.

Not necessarily, no. A stinger is a nerve injury, and guys often return in the same game.

On another note, John Clayton is reporting that Amendola will be out for 8-10 weeks. However, he also referred to the injury as a shoulder, and the injury accoering to the Rams and pretty obviously on the replay was an elbow dislocation, soooooo...

Anyway Spags' weekly presser is at 2pm local, and he'll update us on everyone.

Not necessarily, no. A stinger is a nerve injury, and guys often return in the same game.

On another note, John Clayton is reporting that Amendola will be out for 8-10 weeks. However, he also referred to the injury as a shoulder, and the injury accoering to the Rams and pretty obviously on the replay was an elbow dislocation, soooooo...

Anyway Spags' weekly presser is at 2pm local, and he'll update us on everyone.

From Rotoworld:

Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo revealed Monday that Danny Amendola should be able to avoid surgery on his dislocated left elbow.

It's good news. Speaking on ESPN's NFL Live Monday, Adam Schefter suggested that Amendola could even miss the next three games before returning after the Rams' Week 5 bye. Amendola's injury looked gruesome when it happened, but day-after signs are all positive. Fantasy owners will want to hang tightly to Amendola at his current timetable. He doesn't look headed for I.R.