[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 4 Wagering Thread

MustOfBeenDrunk

Well the last couple of years these weekly wagers threads have fizzled out earlier & earlier.

I'll start week 4 now but have the feeling we won't see another one until the playoffs start.

Last week I was only on one game MIN + 3.5 and did well putting all my eggs in one basket.

This week I'm on MIN again with no points ( the line was even when I placed my wager week 3 )

I'm also taking the Redskins - 2.5

Plus taking the under 44 in the Redskins game

Hey MustofBeenDrunk, I am in favor of keeping the thread.

I am liking Tennessee this week. It's a pick versus Cleveland. I pushed the first 2 weeks and then got one last week with CAR, although the rainstorm almost screwed me. This week does not have as many "obvious" takes jumping of the page. I am just watching the injury wire and seeing who has banged up secondaries; might string together a teaser. Will wait for Gil Brandt's upset special.

As for your picks, MINN is now (-3). Still, I would pick them over KC, but 3 is a little too pricey for my money. Could find a money line parlay and include them ...

Hey MustofBeenDrunk, I am in favor of keeping the thread.

I am liking Tennessee this week. It's a pick versus Cleveland. I pushed the first 2 weeks and then got one last week with CAR, although the rainstorm almost screwed me. This week does not have as many "obvious" takes jumping of the page. I am just watching the injury wire and seeing who has banged up secondaries; might string together a teaser. Will wait for Gil Brandt's upset special.

As for your picks, MINN is now (-3). Still, I would pick them over KC, but 3 is a little too pricey for my money. Could find a money line parlay and include them ...

Yes the Vikes are - 3 now but as you can see below I placed my wagers on 9/21

this was after reading rattsass post in the week 2 thread about making a future wager on week 3 games.

So when I read that I decided to look at week 4 game lines during week 3

The MIN / KC jumped out at me being that it was a pick-um game.

Being the first week I was doing this I limited my wagering to $100 total for futures.

That left me with $20 for a 3-team parley but as you can see below one of the teams I selected

in the parley the line jumped the other way against me ( ATL is now only -4.5 ) but the other

two games moved in my favor

1) BET ID=359976911 about ma

Straight Wager 09/21/11 17:07 ET

bet 80.00 to win 72.73 Result: Pending

2011 NFL Week # 4 Lines (Regular Season)

Vikings

Chiefs 10/02/11(13:00 ET)

Vikings 0

2) BET ID=359976886

Parlay (3 Teams) 09/21/11 17:07 ET

bet 20.00 to win 120.00 Result: Pending

Saints

Jaguars 10/02/11(13:00 ET)

Saints -6.5

Vikings

Chiefs 10/02/11(13:00 ET)

Vikings 0

Falcons

Seahawks 10/02/11(13:00 ET)

Falcons -6.5

Pitt +3.5

I am thinking of going the other way, but might just money line Houston in a money line parlay. the half point must be atttracting you to this one?

Yes the Vikes are - 3 now but as you can see below I placed my wagers on 9/21

this was after reading rattsass post in the week 2 thread about making a future wager on week 3 games.

So when I read that I decided to look at week 4 game lines during week 3

The MIN / KC jumped out at me being that it was a pick-um game.

yeah, I don't usually look at anything until Tuesday of game week.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

Well. I think Vegas pretty much kicked Joe Public in the nuts last week. I survived it with a small profit making that 3 winning weeks in a row. Once again I see several games I like this week. We are starting to cement some ideas about who is good and who is bad at this point, and we are gaining confidence. This is when Vegas is most dangerous, when we think we know stuff.

Lions +2.5 Maybe this is the sucker bet of the century, but I just see no way that the Cowboys slow down this train. They won't be able to cover Calvin Johnson and outside of Jason Witten, nobody on the Cowboys is sending shivers up the spines of the Lions. I hate betting on a 3-0 team in a spot like this, it just screams disappointment, and if the Cowboys were at full capacity I could see it, but they barely survived the Redskins last week, who I expect to be taken down this week by the...

Rams +2.5 Here is the classic "gotcha" bet. We've all seen the 'Skins win two games and look pretty good in the process. And we've seen the Rams basically quit mid-game a couple of times. But the Redskins aren't the Ravens. They do not take away their opponents will to live. The Skins will somehow make sure the Rams hang around, and the Rams will probably catch a break and win this game outright. It's not really handicapping at all. This is just the way it goes. The Redskins have played a little over their heads, and the Rams have run into problems with a tough opening schedule. I think the Rams are better than they have shown, and the Redskins are a .500 team, which they will be after this week.

Texans -3.5 If I followed the above "leveling" theory then the Steelers would be in line to knock the Texans down a peg, but I just don't think the Steelers have the ponies to get it done. The o-line is in shambles. Mendenhall has been rendered useless. And the defense is not all that special. They will need to be special agains the Texans because they have it rolling offensively. Reality is that the Steelers just aren't a good football team right now. They barely survived the Colts. The FREAKING COLTS! I think this is going to be a bloodbath.

Cardinals +1.5 Not a high level of confidence on this pick, not sure I will even play it, but it seems like another case where the perception of the Giants is probably better than they are, and the Cardinals coming off a loss at the tomb up in Seattle don't look so attractive even at home. East Coast team going west. Giants coming off an emotional win. Cards coming off a frustrating loss. Nobody giving them a chance. This is just the kind of game they win, and just the kind of game the Giants lose.

Texans -3.5 If I followed the above "leveling" theory then the Steelers would be in line to knock the Texans down a peg, but I just don't think the Steelers have the ponies to get it done. The o-line is in shambles. Mendenhall has been rendered useless. And the defense is not all that special. They will need to be special agains the Texans because they have it rolling offensively. Reality is that the Steelers just aren't a good football team right now. They barely survived the Colts. The FREAKING COLTS! I think this is going to be a bloodbath.

it's the PITT O-Line that does it for me. Big Ben is always having to move around in the pocket and Mendy isn't running with the O-Line well. But I do think the PITT Def can keep it close for awhile at least.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

it's the PITT O-Line that does it for me. Big Ben is always having to move around in the pocket and Mendy isn't running with the O-Line well. But I do think the PITT Def can keep it close for awhile at least.

They will have to get turnovers and that has not been happening for them or to the Texans.

rattsass

I'm also on a 3 week winning streak and the one game this week we differ on is the Skins

Now this isn't nothing more than not wanting to give the VIG if I don't need too

Nothing more nothing less ,, so if you want the Rams + 3 that's 1/2 point more

than Vegas is offering PM me and I will take the action

Well. I think Vegas pretty much kicked Joe Public in the nuts last week. I survived it with a small profit making that 3 winning weeks in a row. Once again I see several games I like this week. We are starting to cement some ideas about who is good and who is bad at this point, and we are gaining confidence. This is when Vegas is most dangerous, when we think we know stuff.

Lions +2.5 Maybe this is the sucker bet of the century, but I just see no way that the Cowboys slow down this train. They won't be able to cover Calvin Johnson and outside of Jason Witten, nobody on the Cowboys is sending shivers up the spines of the Lions. I hate betting on a 3-0 team in a spot like this, it just screams disappointment, and if the Cowboys were at full capacity I could see it, but they barely survived the Redskins last week, who I expect to be taken down this week by the...

Rams +2.5 Here is the classic "gotcha" bet. We've all seen the 'Skins win two games and look pretty good in the process. And we've seen the Rams basically quit mid-game a couple of times. But the Redskins aren't the Ravens. They do not take away their opponents will to live. The Skins will somehow make sure the Rams hang around, and the Rams will probably catch a break and win this game outright. It's not really handicapping at all. This is just the way it goes. The Redskins have played a little over their heads, and the Rams have run into problems with a tough opening schedule. I think the Rams are better than they have shown, and the Redskins are a .500 team, which they will be after this week.

Cardinals +1.5 Not a high level of confidence on this pick, not sure I will even play it, but it seems like another case where the perception of the Giants is probably better than they are, and the Cardinals coming off a loss at the tomb up in Seattle don't look so attractive even at home. East Coast team going west. Giants coming off an emotional win. Cards coming off a frustrating loss. Nobody giving them a chance. This is just the kind of game they win, and just the kind of game the Giants lose.

I agree with the rams +3 and cards +1.5...

Cowboys -1

Atl -5.5

Eagles -9.5

Bills are down to -3 so I'm in on that one too.

Single plays on the Lions Bills and Rams, and a parlay/teaser on Cards, Lions, Rams