[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Going to be in Seattle next weekend

giggity

Ask giggity.

They play at Qwest, which is already known as one of the premier and loudest outdoor stadiums. Why the game action is fast and entertaining, to me it's the atmosphere. Seattle has more than your average proportion of soccer fans to, I'd guess, Columbus Ohio.

To a casual fan I was completely taken aback at the first game. Almost like going to a Catholic ceremony and wondering what everyone is doing and saying. Fans are into every bit of the action and it immediately becomes infectious. Everyone is standing the entire match and the crazies on the north end of the field are continually chanting. It feels like what I'd expect a game in England to feel like.

This.

I had never been to any type of soccer game before. I barely know the rules from watching some of the women's world cup this year. You can't go to a venue like this, with 65,000 insane cheering fans and not get swept up by the atmosphere. They literally never sat down for 2 hours. I admit that i was the typical American "soccer sucks, the only football is NFL football" person prior to going to this game. But I truly enjoyed it. The only atmosphere I have ever been to that compares to this was an Ohio State football game. This beat the crap out of every NFL game I have ever attended for fan frenzy. They seriously love their soccer in Seattle...

Ask giggity.

They play at Qwest, which is already known as one of the premier and loudest outdoor stadiums. Why the game action is fast and entertaining, to me it's the atmosphere. Seattle has more than your average proportion of soccer fans to, I'd guess, Columbus Ohio.

To a casual fan I was completely taken aback at the first game. Almost like going to a Catholic ceremony and wondering what everyone is doing and saying. Fans are into every bit of the action and it immediately becomes infectious. Everyone is standing the entire match and the crazies on the north end of the field are continually chanting. It feels like what I'd expect a game in England to feel like.

just fn great...........Seattle is seriously losing it and no longer has anything on Portland

It has slowly become a city that used to be rabid for the Supes, Seahwawks and M's - the Hawks are still popular thank god, the Supes are gone and the M's are a joke.......

Now? it apears fn soccer and the WNBA dudes are running that town. pathetic.

and ya, the Sounders are kinda fun for families and the vaginal americans but it is still fn soccer and the game itself is a bore.

Seattle needs to grow a pair, immediately.

Seattle has the most fair weathered fans in the country. If the Sounders have more than one losing season in the future, there will be 15,000 to 20,000 per game and tickets will be easier to get than a venti latte.

Right now, it is the happening place to be. Not being a hugh soccer fan at all, I've been to a couple of games when given tickets. Place was rockin' for sure. Worst thing was all the Delta Bravos that think they are Joe Soccer, with less accumen than me. Which isn't much.

Edited by Hugh B Tool