[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Piano Restoration

Footballjoe

So I am watching the game last night in the living room. My wife was a little under the weather so she was in the den with the big screen. So she come into the room and the conversatin goes something like this.

Wife: Hey

Me:Sup

She goes over to the piano and starts looking it over.

Wife: I was just watching a show and our piano was on there. Well, It looked almost exactly like it.

Me: Yeah

Wife: It did etc. etc etc.

Me: Yeah

10 minutes later.

Wife: I just looked this up on the internet and one like ours fully restored is valued between $10,000 and $15,000.

Me: WHAT! :wacko: Didn't we pay $350 for that about 10 yrs ago?

So my question is does anyone know a restorer and the apprx. cost involved?

This piano was made by Mathushek Piano Co of Conn. Its has copyright dates of June 1884 and Oct 1885 on the key door.

if it has that kind of value, I'd look at selling it as it is. chances are decent if you take it to someone to "fix up", they'll unwittingly do something that reduces the value. like my wife's grandpa...after he quit playing, he wanted to give his fiddle to my wife so he took it in to some shop and the dumbf*cks ruined the original varnish with some stupid shellac or something. took a fiddle worth several thousand dollars and, apparently destroyed a very good chunk of the value.