[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Friend" of mine faked cancer

TimC

This must not be that uncommon. My best friend actually married a gal who faked cancer. Prayer groups at church, swindled a guy into prepaying for her funeral and much much more.

We told him to get the hell away from her early on, but she convinced him she had a $9 million malpractice settlement coming that she would leave him if he would take care of her two kids after she died.

She told a bunch of lies. A total crook and I honestly thought before I opened the link that it might be the same person (it isn't).

Sounds like she may have a touch of the munchausen disease as well.

In Münchausen syndrome, the affected person exaggerates or creates symptoms of illnesses in themselves to gain investigation, treatment, attention, sympathy, and comfort from medical personnel. In some extreme cases, people suffering from Münchausen's syndrome are highly knowledgeable about the practice of medicine and are able to produce symptoms that result in lengthy and costly medical analysis, prolonged hospital stay and unnecessary operations. The role of "patient" is a familiar and comforting one, and it fills a psychological need in people with Münchausen's. It is distinct from hypochondriasis in that patients with Münchausen syndrome are aware that they are exaggerating, whereas sufferers of hypochondriasis believe they actually have a disease. Risk factors for developing Münchausen syndrome include childhood traumas, and growing up with caretakers who, through illness or emotional problems, were unavailable. Arrhythmogenic Münchausen syndrome describes individuals who simulate or stimulate cardiac arrhythmias to gain medical attention.[2]

In an asbestos padded cell.

With crocidolite type of asbestos. Also called blue asbestos, crocidolite asbestos is an amphibole mineral that can be found in Africa and Australia. On the opposite end of the spectrum than chrysotile asbestos, crocidolite is viewed to be the most dangerous type of asbestos.

In an asbestos padded cell.

Nah, Squeegie would be all over that and the poor girl would then become some kind of martyr with an 8 figure payday.