[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Todd Haley fired

peepinmofo

You and CD might want to hold off on that celebratory lunch. Every new coach can be worse than the prior one. And even the new ones that look/sound good initially, can be terrible or not given enough time to rebuild. It is why I am amazed when people talk about getting rid of good/decent head coaches because the team hasn't won it all (Reid, Norv Turner, Fisher, etc).

Good luck, I hope it isn't McD, Crennel, or Mangini (we tried the last two in Cleveland and neither was a good HC, good coordinators maybe).

I don't understand this logic at all. Don't get me wrong, I think a coach should get plenty of time to establish himself(two years is not enough unless you are an idiot like Haley). However, 16 years and no championships means it is time for a new direction(Fisher). Same for Reid...time to go.

Your use of the words decent and good would concern me as a fan. I think you should have an expectation of greatness at least some of the time. Decent? Weak.

Jeff Fisher (hopefully) will at least be on the shortlist of candidates when the search starts after the season is over.

shhhhhhh :wacko: My Christmas wish is for him to be hired by the Colts. Or at least to finally get rid of the joke HC they now have.

I heard it was because he was friends with Frank White.

Zing!

Everybody around here is doing cartwheels because they are so happy about Haley fired. And I'll admit that Haley was kinda a jackass. But I seriously doubt that there is a seasoned, experience head coach out there that will work for Pioli. Pioli and Hunt a couple of the cheapest bastards in the NFL. Lamar Hunt is probably rolling around in his grave watching his son screw up the Chiefs. Everybody here wants Cowher, Parcell or to even get Shotty back. Those kinda of guys aint gonna put up with their crap. So we'll get another coachtard, and we will be "rebuilding" some more.

Edited by fingfootball

Haley was a victim of his own inconsistencies. He was inconsistent on preparation, game planning, how he treated his players, everything.

Now, Pioli did him no favors in how he structured the team his year. He provided no depth at all for Haley to work with. Part of me wonders if some of that was done by design because of the friction between him and Haley in the background. To me, it looks like Pioli set him up to fail this year, and the fact that Haley even got 5 wins out of this team is remarkable.

I don't know, the whole thing is odd, and I can't put my finger on it. Clearly he had to go.

But Pioli's next move will be interesting. My hunch tells me it's going to be Crennel with a good offensive coordinator.

It's also interesting to me that Weiss left for a college OC gig and then immediately comes to KU to be the head coach. I'm thinking it's what we thought all along and not many people get along with Haley.

It's also interesting to me that Weiss left for a college OC gig and then immediately comes to KU to be the head coach. I'm thinking it's what we thought all along and not many people get along with Haley.

Nick Wright was talking about this the other day on 610. Pioli put those two hot heads together, he was setting them up to fail.

Well that was quick. :rofl: Not even one day and Bill Cowher is the Chiefs new head coach. If it's on Wiki it's true. Right? :tup::rofl::lol::wacko:

William Laird "Bill" Cowher (born May 8, 1957) is head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. Prior to this, Cowher resigned after 15 seasons as the Steelers' coach on January 5, 2007, 11 months to the day after winning 2005–06's Super Bowl XL. He currently is a studio analyst for The NFL Today but will start with the Chiefs in 2012 after he takes a long trip to the moon.
Edited by fingfootball

Zing!

Everybody around here is doing cartwheels because they are so happy about Haley fired. And I'll admit that Haley was kinda a jackass. But I seriously doubt that there is a seasoned, experience head coach out there that will work for Pioli. Pioli and Hunt a couple of the cheapest bastards in the NFL. Lamar Hunt is probably rolling around in his grave watching his son screw up the Chiefs. Everybody here wants Cowher, Parcell or to even get Shotty back. Those kinda of guys aint gonna put up with their crap. So we'll get another coachtard, and we will be "rebuilding" some more.

I don't get the infatuation with old coaches that flamed out. I'd rather want the next Sean Payton...someone who has a gamechanging offensive philosophy. But I guess that's just me...