[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need help from Cyclists, Joggers and

keggerz

health nuts in general....

Looking to add some non-candy options to one of the stores that we operate....we are along a very popular bike/jogging path...but we get many more cyclist than anything...anyway...my question is this...how do you think the following options would work...

Power Bars

Nature Valley Granola Bars

Quaker Granola Bars

I am not sure if the Granola stuff is actually healhty or just is marketed that way...any input is appreciated...also,fwiw, those are the only options (many different flavors) that my distributor has available at this time.

TIA

Serious runners and cyclists are prepared and will have whatever fuel they require/desire with them, so I think you should be targeting the more casual walkers and joggers and bikers. And if that's your target audience, I think the items you have mentioned are probably a good start, mainly the granola bars. Not sure you'll do much with the power bars, but I could be wrong.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

nature valley and power bars will sell- cliff bars if you could get them.

fresh fruit?

This from my experience - Clif Builder Bars seem very popular, though I admit I could barely choke the chocolate chip one I tried down.

I'd also see if they have some of the premixed protein drinks available for you t ostock - muscle milk, rockin refuel, etc. are a couple of the brands I see in "non-health" store refrigerator sections regularly, with Muscle Milk far and away the brand I see in most places.

This from my experience - Clif Builder Bars seem very popular, though I admit I could barely choke the chocolate chip one I tried down.

I'd also see if they have some of the premixed protein drinks available for you t ostock - muscle milk, rockin refuel, etc. are a couple of the brands I see in "non-health" store refrigerator sections regularly, with Muscle Milk far and away the brand I see in most places.

If you're going to do beverages, water and gatorade would be a must-have. Red bull is always popular among a lot of the more casual walkers and joggers.

Serious runners and cyclists are prepared and will have whatever fuel they require/desire with them, so I think you should be targeting the more casual walkers and joggers and bikers.

well yeah, I don't many serious cyclists hit the bike paths.

I like the fresh fruit idea, if you can make it work with turnover and such. and clif bars are much more appetizing than power bars IMO. drinks are going to be your big sellers, probably. bottled water and non-carbonated stuff. come summer time, you might want to consider (if you haven't already) stocking a freezer with ice cream treats and such. hell, maybe even a soft-serve.

Edited by Azazello1313