[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

CaP'N GRuNGe

I'm looking to replace my 02 Impala sometime later this year. The all new 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid looks pretty cool. Like the new body style a lot and the mpg looks awesome.

http://i.autoblog.com/2012/01/09/2013-ford...d-detroit-2012/

Also will probably check out the 2012 Hyundai Sonata hybrid. I commute 50 miles a day total so I wouldn't mind saaving a bit on gas. Still think the Priuses are kind of ugly. Any other decently priced midsized sedans I should be considering?

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

I've driven a number of Fusions, but not the hybrid. It is the head of its class, IMO. Better feel and more sturdy feeling than the Camry or even Accord. I took one north of 100 mph near Apple Valley, CA and it didn't feel like a shuttle coming apart at re-entry. :wacko: A few of these were well used rentals with 25000 hard miles on them - still solid. Many other rentals start to show real signs of deterioration at that point.

Look into the hybrid battery longevity of each of those vehicles. I've been told that after about 5 years, they oftentimes need to be replaced to the tune of many thousands of dollars.

I just bought a 2012 Fusion SEL (not a hybrid) and so far I love it!

My company car is a standard fusion. Not bad for a 4 cyl. I get about 23 mpg. Nothing flashy but it runs fine and gets me from A to B.

Only 23? I get just north of that on my Impala. The fusion hybrid claims 47/44...

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

Only 23? I get just north of that on my Impala. The fusion hybrid claims 47/44...

I have to double check. Company gas card lowers the give a chit scale on gas effeciency but I thought it was around there. I'll try to remember to look and post back.