[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Verizon the only competent cell phone provider

BeeR

You're confusing quality with quantity.
?? Nope. In fact I've made a point of saying I don't expect as much of either. I understand "you get what you pay for" but even with a cheap plan you expect your billing to be accurate and to be able to oh btw actually get the phone activated.

Once more: I have yet to find a fairly cheap phone and phone plan (that actually works).

If you want a phone that you can use anywhere
Nope. I'd even settle for one I can only use at home, since that's where I do almost all of my calling.

However, if you had luck with the coverage of Sprint but just didn't like Virgin moblie that was using its network, try Boost.
Thx for the suggestion, but their phones were all expensive.

Anyway, my last attempt (at least from Best Buy - I wonder if Wal Mart has anything different :bag: ) is of all things an AT&T phone. Yes the company that is perhaps more notorious than any other for sucky customer service. Well I'm desperate....the phone was only $10 and they have a $25 plan, so I figure there's nothing to lose.......(I have been joking w/the cashier, who for some reason is the same one each time, about this...I said "I'll probably see you in a couple days to return this" ha)

Thx for the suggestions regardless.

Edited by BeeR

Going back to your car analogy, you mentioned "even no power locks or windows", you'd be hard pressed to do that as well.

If there were money to be made furnishing cheap phones with low cost minimal services and no long term contracts there would be a lot more options. Sucks that you cannot find what you're looking for, but I think some are simply saying "it either doesn't exist, or you'll have to accept the crappy service." Although I'd say not even being able to follow through with their promise to provide a phone and get it activated is far from crappy service.

Cell phones like other products are sold to the masses, and the options available are not always going to be what some may want. The good deals on smart phones, and abundance of full data plans is because that is what most people want (or what the industry wants to sell us).