[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

captain77

I totally understand and agree that Mathews is the most talented and starting rb on the Chargers but why did Battle lose carries and playing time to Brown? Even with the game close and the Chargers not only in pass only mode, they still went with Brown. Below are both Battle and Brown's numbers on the year. I am just curious as to why Brown was in over Battle? Any homers with some inside info? Thanks so much.

Brown: 11/40 yards (3.6 ypc)...17/17 for 149 yds (8.8 a rec)

Battle: 36/173 yards (4.8 ypc) and 3 tds...6/6 for 49 yds (8.2 a rec) and 1 td

I totally understand and agree that Mathews is the most talented and starting rb on the Chargers but why did Battle lose carries and playing time to Brown? Even with the game close and the Chargers not only in pass only mode, they still went with Brown. Below are both Battle and Brown's numbers on the year. I am just curious as to why Brown was in over Battle? Any homers with some inside info? Thanks so much.

Brown: 11/40 yards (3.6 ypc)...17/17 for 149 yds (8.8 a rec)

Battle: 36/173 yards (4.8 ypc) and 3 tds...6/6 for 49 yds (8.2 a rec) and 1 td

Battle is a plodder. His stat line makes him look a lot better than he is -- his TDs were gimmes. If you actually watch him play, rather than look at his numbers, you'll see his 'talent' level

Brown is a decent receiver and a great blocker on pass downs. He is the running back on certain offensive packages that are all about the pass. Battle defies explanation why he has ever had a carry IMO. He is just a depth player you would hope you never have to use. I would never rely on Battle ever let alone in the future personally. Not unless Mathews is out and even then I would have few expectations what he would do.

I'd hang on to him at least one more week. See how the Mathews, Brown and Battle get utilized this week. It's possible Battle might have a goal-line role, but I wouldn't expect more than that barring an injury to Mathews.

Edited by nelsosi