[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What Draft Position Would You Like To Pick From?

As we get closer to draft time, or at least draft lottery time, where is your optimal draft position? Let's assume we are in a 12-team PPR, 1 flex spot type league.

Let's hear it...where and why... and who are you looking at in said draft spot?

Notice it says 'draft position' the first time it said- what position would you like to draft from. But I knew you degenerates would take that and run with it! :moon:

In a 10 I like 4/5/6 in a 12 I would prefer in the middle because in both cases it doesn't take forever to get your draft picks. I would rather have several average to good players than 1 or 2 excellent and the rest below average.

I've always enjoyed to drafting at the turn in a 12 team, so either 1st or last. A lot easier to plan your team and make your picks work together You have to make sure that you are aware of who might go in the next 25 picks and be a little aggressive at times to get them and know who you are drafting with and when the run on a position may occur.

As late as you can draft and still get Charles.

Great advice if you have a crystal ball. Consensus rankings have him going anywhere from 2 to 8. I love him this year, and agree that he is what you want in round 1, but good luck predicting where he will go within that window.

A good drafter doesn't predict where he will go, a good drafter predetermines where he will go.

Having some knowledge of your leaguemates' preferences can help--beware of the guy who always wears a Chiefs' jersey. Try to start conversations about the top 10 RBs this year. Talk up how well Trent Richardson did as a rookie and how much Norv Turner should help him develop into a Hall of Fame back. You get the idea.

Great advice if you have a crystal ball. Consensus rankings have him going anywhere from 2 to 8. I love him this year, and agree that he is what you want in round 1, but good luck predicting where he will go within that window.

I have the #6 pick in my draft and I'm leaning toward him there.

I have the #6 pick in my draft and I'm leaning toward him there.

You might get him at that spot, but it really depends on who your drafting with and their experience level. In many of the mock drafts, it's been going AP and Foster, as the first two picks. Martin and/or Richardson mostly goes next. You'll have someone that will take Rogers and Breeze and Calvin, so it's possible you'll get him. It I was drafting ahead of you, you wouldn't, but it depends on who your drafting against. If they are your friends, I'd keep your mouth shut and talk up the other guys like Baby Jane suggested.

Edited by Anthrax1

I like to have the third pick from either end of the snake, so either 3rd or 10th in a 12-team. From that spot, I can usually game plan the two guys on the end and know when I need to reach to get a guy that I like. I have found that any closer to the center and you just can't game it because of the uncertainty introduced by additional drafters. I hate being on the very end because there is just no way to try to anticipate what will happen in two entire passes of the draft order. The only exception would be that #1 this year would be pretty awesome (as andy pointed out) given AP's dominance over all other RB's.

If i could chose i would either like to be one of the first 3 or last 2 so 1,2,3 or 11,12(9,10 if 10 man).

I always like when I can grab players back to back and I have been doing some mocks and really like when I am at the beginning or end of a draft.

Being able to stack picks sort of is my preference, also towards the end i feel you can grab sleepers better when your in this position.

I am a believer that any position in the draft can win a league but that would be my choice.

I like to shoot for the lowest position where I know I can get a 1st-tier running back. In addition to ensuring that I get a 1st-tier RB, this also ensures I have the highest 2nd-round draft choice of any other owners who got a 1st-tier running back.

This year I think that position is 5. This will allow you to get one of the "Big 5": Peterson, Foster, Marin, Charles, or Lynch.