[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Advice please

dpj102

I'm quite new to the NFL and live in the UK, and 6 of us here have got a league together. I've ended up needing another tight end really as Gronk is obviously out of the first few weeks of the season. So my question is this. Who of my 5 RBs - Arian Foster, LeSean McCoy, Steven Jackson, Maurice Jones-Drew and David Wilson should I drop and which TE should I replace with - the top ranked unpicked are Pitta, Gresham, Bennett, Chandler, Kendricks, Lewis, Tamme, Clark, Celek, Pettigrew, Allen, Fassano, Walker.

Any advice would help. My other TE is Kyle Rudolph. Thanks

Edited by dpj102

Well, you're in the wrong forum to get advice questions answered, but given that you're a Brit that is to be expected. :shades:

My response to your question? There isn't enough difference in the TEs available to you to drop one of those RBs now to grab one immediately. Wait until the season gets underway, make sure all those RBs are healthy - if one gets injured you can drop him for a TE - and then make a trade of one if those RBs who is producing fairly well but isn't one of your top guys for a TE in a tier or two above those you listed. At the very worst case, you drop the RB who is underperforming and grab one of those listed TEs when the bye week comes. If you have to do that, see which available TE is playing the D most vulnerable to giving up TE FF scoring. There will be a decent enough data set by then.

Patience is your ally here. Good luck.

Edited by Bronco Billy
  • Like 1

Thanks - that makes sense. I wanted Cook from the Rams but got beaten to it. But actually what you say makes sense. There are teams in my league who are struggling for a RB more than I'm struggling for a TE, and I've got them to burn.....obviously the only problem I have is that in my team i need two TEs. And if they are Gronk and Rudolph I need to get another one in that is a starter or I'll be a man short straight off.

Edited by dpj102

1. I guess now you can take Pita out of the running.

2. Why drop a RB. You didn't list WR. I would consider dropping a WR over a RB. I realize you're in a 6-man league and you have talent flowing out your butt and it probably doesn't matter, however, you need to do things right and if this was a standard league with 8-10 or 12 you'd most likely drop a Wr.

Try to trade David Wilson before people wise up to his scrubness.

The TE on the wire that most fits your needs would be Marcedes Lewis, who will likely have a larger role in the first month of the season, with Blackmon suspended--just what you need while Gronk heals.

But you're probly better off trading Wilson for a good TE and a fair WR or something.

• Like 1

Hi there, my WRs are Brandon Marshall, Jordy Nelson, DeSean Jackson and Demaryius Thomas. All in the team. My bench has three RB on it.

Someone just offered to trade either Jermichael Finley or Heath Miller for Chris Johnson. Any thoughts?

Edited by dpj102

Hi there, my WRs are Brandon Marshall, Jordy Nelson, DeSean Jackson and Demaryius Thomas. All in the team. My bench has three RB on it.

Someone just offered to trade either Jermichael Finley or Heath Miller for Chris Johnson. Any thoughts?

Heath Miller is hurt and if i remember right, Finley did nothing last year.

Of your list, I'd pick up M. Bennett or Lewis.

I'd also shop around Wilson, but for different reasons than Baby Jane. You have a full set of great running backs and Wilson is currently over valued. You might be able to get a pretty decent TE like Witten.

I'll tell ya, the hardest part about your 6-man league is that you're going to struggle from week to week on who to start. Normally, in a 10 man league your roster pretty much sets itself, but you're overflowing with talent in a 6 and you'll be tempted to play match up as the computer will give you weekly estimated points.

My advice, AF and sjax are starters everyweek. If you're going to play matchup, do it with the others.

Marshall and DT for WR.

Where did Chris Johnson come from? Did you make another trade? You need to give us your full roster plus basic league rules like scoring format and starting lineups at a minimum, the more info the better.

And that trade is a terrible offer. Those TE's aren't even draftable in a small league, let alone worth Chris Johnson. Not sure why you're even looking for a TE if you have Rudolph to fill in?

A good point - apologies I'm new to this - missed out CJ before. My team is as follows:

QB (1) - Brees

RB (2) - Foster, Steven Jackson

WR (3) - Nelson, Thomas, Marshall

TE (2) - Gronkowski, Rudolph

W/T (1) - DeSean Jackson

W/R (1) - Chris Johnson

Bench - Brady, McCoy, MJD and Wilson

Scoring is below

Passing Yards: 1 point per 25 yards.

Passing Touchdowns: 4 points.

Interceptions Thrown: -2 points.

300-399 Passing Yards Bonus: 2 points.

400+ Passing Yards Bonus: 4 points.

40+ Passing Yard TD Bonus: 2 points.

50+ Passing Yards TD Bonus: 4 points.

Rushing Yards: 1 point per 10 yards.

Rushing Touchdowns: 6 points.

40+ Rushing Yard TD Bonus: 2 points.

50+ Rushing Yard TD Bonus: 4 points.

100-199 Rushing Yards Bonus: 2 points.

200+ Rushing Yards Bonus: 4 points.

Receiving Yards: 1 point per 10 yards.

Receiving Touchdowns: 6 points.

40+ Receiving Yard TD Bonus: 2 points.

50+ Receiving Yard TD Bonus: 4 points.

100-199 Receiving Yards Bonus: 2 points.

200+ Receiving Yards Bonus: 4 points.

Kickoff and Punt Return Yards: 1 point per 20 yards.

Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns: 5 points.

Fumble Recovered for TD: 6 points.

Fumbles Lost: -2 points.

Fumble: -1 point.

2-Point Conversions: 2 points

There are also defensive players (only three) but I wont mention that as may complicate at this stage!

Where did Chris Johnson come from? Did you make another trade? You need to give us your full roster plus basic league rules like scoring format and starting lineups at a minimum, the more info the better.

And that trade is a terrible offer. Those TE's aren't even draftable in a small league, let alone worth Chris Johnson. Not sure why you're even looking for a TE if you have Rudolph to fill in?

Yeah I agree, I wouldn't trade away any of your RB Depth yet... wait it out. Pick someone up when X player falters or is injured. Way too Vanilla @ TE after Graham (maybe Witten) right now.

Thanks. Will wait a few weeks. Someone offered Jared Cook today for CJ, but obviously I said no. Thanks for the advice :-)

Look at you, already a pro :fool:

They grow up sooooo fast.

Edited by Anthrax1
  • Like 1

Thanks. Will wait a few weeks. Someone offered Jared Cook today for CJ, but obviously I said no. Thanks for the advice :-)

Well now hold the phone. I don't think that's quite a no-brainer. Something to keep in mind is your league size and starting requirements. You are required to start 2 TE, so someone like Cook is a low-end "starter" - think RB2 type player. Chris Johnson is also that same kind of player. Not to mention you have all kinds of depth on your team (first thing you need to do is replace CJ as your flex with McCoy btw, so CJ is now a bench player for you). I would still hold out to see if you can get a better trade but I would keep things warm with that owner as well.

• Like 2

They are starting to circle around my two quarterbacks - Brees and Brady - been offered Brady for Reggie Wayne. I think i'd want more than him, although he is my backup quarterback as we stand I'm not sure Wayne would even get into my side. He has Dez Bryant, Randell Cobb and Vincent Jackson so is only giving me a flex WR for a premium QB.

In a non-PPR league Wayne doesn't do much for your team. He upgrades the flex, but not by a ton, and that's just not enough.

Backup QB is very important here, in a 6 team league you can't be starting a Jay Cutler or Eli Manning - you need to be solid there. If you're trading Brady, be sure to get an upside guy in return - Russel Wilson, Kaepernick, Romo (who I actually prefer to Brady, but some might not), etc.

He's now offering straight swop, Brady for Randell Cobb. Have to say that tempts me, although I'd need to drop a RB to bring in a back up QB.

May be able to make it Stafford and Cobb for Brady and Johnson (or MJD)

What if I offered him MJD (Wilson or Chris Johnson) plus Brady for Cobb (or Bryant) and Romo (or Stafford), although that would leave me with Cobb and Nelson as WR.

Don't let the 2 WR from same team bother you, that has zero relevance. It's actually a bit of a blessing, because when one gets hurt, it benefits the other. Nelson's injury being a great example. Cobb just got better, and you now pull a DeSean back into your lineup and end up where you were before, but with a Cobb that doesn't have to fight Nelson for targets.

Anyway, I like the thought in your post. Any of those RB's are throw-ins for you at this point. If you're taking a small hit at backup QB (upgrade in my mind if Romo) and putting points into your lineup upgrading DeSean to Cobb (or Nelson to a more beastly Cobb) then that's a win.