[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Flukes

ImNotSoIgnorant

Fluke:

an accidental advantage; stroke of good luck:

He got the job by a fluke.

Fluke:

Trematoda is a class within the phylum Platyhelminthes. It includes two groups of parasitic flatworms, known as flukes.

Wondering who were the flukes this week or the 'real deal." The parasitic definition I think is appropriate for players you have to keep on your roster like Jamaal Charles, but might suck the life out of your team.

For me:

Jamaal Charles. I'm not sure if it was a fluke or a predictor of the year. Right now I'm thinking its too early to say, but it does begin to worry me. Since you HAVE to keep him and HAVE to start him he has the possibility of being a being the life sucker.

Demaryious Thomas. I'm thinking it was mostly a fluke. However I think it does indicate he'll preform less than expected. At least i'm starting to waver that way.

Larry Fitzgerald. I'm not sure here. I'm thinking he might be a good guy to trade early. Since he's not someone you have to start he's not parasitic .

Terrance West. I'm thinking he's the real deal. Tempering expectations, but I can see him over taking Tate. Though I'm guessing he won't be targeted much in the passing game.

Rashad Jennings. The one shining light in the horror that is the NY Giants. Real deal.

Crabtree. I think he's going to be hit or miss all year.

Danny Woodhead. No longer a ppr worthy back up? Or just how it worked out this particular week. Didn't catch the game so not sure.

Allen Hurns. I think he's also the real deal, but limited by his QB and team in general. Bortles takes over and he might be more worthy as a WR3 this year, and then if the Jags can draft/off season sign well he's a WR2 next year.

Chris Johnson. I think this was a fluke, easy. Still it bodes well that he'll be better than most rankings placed him.

So please feel free to add yours.

Patriots d - definitely a tad overrated to start the year but I think they'll be way better than they showed vs miami. For whatever reason they struggle down there it seems. Fatigue in that heat and humidity couldn't have helped things either. Im still fairly confident that they'll be a weekly fantasy start

I don't think Charles will drop 2 point stink bombs all year, but I definitely believe he won't do as well as last year. Outside of Charles, the Chiefs offense is an absolute train wreck, so opposing defenses can just zero in on him all day long.

I think the production will come for Demaryius, as long as he can pull his head out of his arse and start catching passes - he had more targets than any other Denver WR on Sunday, just wasn't able to do anything with them. :sad:

Charles - no fluke, he is just as good, but O-line not nearly as solid. Won't be worth his draft price

DT - definitely a fluke, he will be fine

Terrence West & Rashad Jennings - totally agree with the OP

No real strong opinions on the rest.

i drafted charles at 3 last year in my main high stakes league....i was elated when someone took d martin at 2 and handed charles to me....i also put a real good team around him too and it was riding the j charles train....

but for all the great vibes i had about charles last year....the offensive line...the schedule......this year it was the opposite for me....and felt fortunate i wasnt going to be in a position to have to take him this year....because i felt it would be a disappointment......not saying hes gonna be putting up those week 1 numbers all year....but i agree with the guy who said he prob wont live up to his draft spot