[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Potential WR Trade

fruityloop516

My Wide Receivers (2 Receiver + 1 Flex Roster):

• Julio Jones
  • AJ Green
  • Steve Smith
  • Josh Gordon
  • Odell Beckham Jr.

Potential Trade:

• Julio Jones for Calvin Johnson

While Jones has been up to this point the 4th ranked WR in my league (PPR), the decimated offensive line (5 offensive linemen on IR, 4 of whom are starters) is starting to take a huge toll on Matt Ryan, which will inevitably affect Julio's numbers. For the stats guys out there, the percentage of dropbacks that Ryan has been pressured in the past 5 games has steadily increased: %19, %23, %24, %29, and %32. In the last game alone against the Ravens he was sacked 5 times, and I don't see it getting any better against my Lion's front 4. While Julio is great and he has been the most targeted WR in the league, those numbers are slightly skewed by the absence of Roddy White who has since returned to the lineup.

Is this trade worth it? Is a healthy (keyword healthy) Calvin Johnson a better FANTASY receiver than Jones in the long run? Considering the factors Julio will be working against, I'm leaning towards yes...

Input please!

The fact that he's not %100 is the only reason I may be able to get him... Caldwell is adamant on sitting Calvin until he's healthy (I can survive without him for 2 weeks, they have a Bye after Atlanta). He'll be ready to play week 10 most likely. Even if he does play this week I would be hesitant to play him in limited use (see Minnesota game).

I'm tied for 3rd out of 12, along with 5 other guys. Here's my full team:

• QB - Nick Foles
  • RB 1 - Justin Forsette
  • RB 2 - Ronnie HIllman
  • WR 1 - AJ Green
  • WR 2- Julio Jones
  • TE - Antonio Gates
  • FLEX - Joique Bell
  • Def - Lions
  • K - Who Cares

Bench

• Odell Beckham Jr.
  • Steve Smith
  • Josh Gordon
  • Jordan Reed
  • Colts Def
  • RG3
  • Joseph Randle

I would trade for a better QB, but no one in my league is willing to give up an elite QB even if I give them all of my WR's (not that I would, that's just giving up too much). Same goes for elite RB's, but I think mine will suffice for now.

Already tried to get Murray earlier this season. He's not giving him up for anything (I can see why). Montee Ball I'm not interested in, have him in another league and ended up dropping him. Hillman with the way he has played and has been productive will most likely keep the starting job. Randle is an insurance policy for Murray. Considering his injury history, Murray could go down unexpectedly. Randle won't be quite as good, but that O-line would make even Doug Martin look special.

Ya I'm not saying take ball or Murray. I wouldn't want ball but the guy who has him there's a decent chance he needs a rb and would love hillman. Temp starter and he'll have both options when ball is back. Murray is to expensive for anyone to get unless they off a stupid deal. However the Murray owner would love to handcuff his star player. In either of these 2 cases hillman or Randle could sway the others secession to make a deal for whatever you want