[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What to do with Mychal Rivera? Please Help!

rahhaynes

I am struggling at running back and have been trying to get Eddie Lacy for the past couple weeks. I picked up Mychal Rivera last week but own Dwayne Allen as well. I would love to package Rivera in a trade to the Lacy owner as his TE is Gresham and he is pretty desperate. I also think Rivera has too much upside to just drop (12 team standard scoring 19-roster spots per team/ start 3 flex players per week). I will lkely ben the playoffs (2 games in)

My Team

QB: Rivers, Mallet

RB: R. Bush, B. Tate, C. Sims, B. Sankey, M. Ball, C.J Anderson

WR: AJ Green, R. Cobb, R. Randle, M. Bryant, B. Lafell, J. Gordon, D. Adams

TE : D. Allen, M. Rivera

His Team (6-4 and could be in playoffs)

QB: Luck, Dalton

RB: Lacy, J. Hill, Turbin, Mason, C. Michael, T. Gerhart

WR: D. Bryant, S. Watkins, E. Royal

TE: J. Gresham

I thinking of offering Bush and Rivera for Lacy but don't think its enough. I would be willing to part wit D. Allen as K.Rudolph is on the WW and I could carry 2 TEs ROS instead of 1.

How do I get Lacy?

your not getting Lacy from him without giving up Green or Cobb. Bush and Rivera honestly would be a complete insult to offer him. Think of it from his persepective. Would you give up Lacy for Reggie Bush who is completely worthless and a TE that plays on the worst team in the league.

I don't really see what he would go for. He needs some WR depth but at the same time losing lacy could be the death of his team. He would need a starting rb. You both have to many bench options outside his receivers. I would look more for a team that needs rb depth. If I were that owner, lacy would not be traded without an equally better rb. Hill and Mason will not cut it for him

If you don't like rivers in some of the following weeks, dalton may be a better matchup play. You can't rely on mallet to backup rivers. Dalton should also come cheap. And he must feel safer with luck every single week he might be ready to drop dalton. Other than that, hill or Mason wouldn't be bad to target as they will also come cheap but I think you have enough options like them

Ya if you feel comfortable with mallet stay put. Mason could be a good target, I have no idea if Rivera for Mason is a fair deal for either side though. If you like it maybe throw it out there. He could use a starting TE and has other options at rb. You have your TE and could use another actual starting rb for an option

So he got cold feet last minute. The counter is Ben Tate and Rivera for Tre Mason. I'm leaning towards doing this because I don't have the roster space to keep Rivera anyway so its like Tate for Mason. Both in committee situations but it looks like Tre is leading his committee right now where Tate is not. I'm thinking I have plenty of running back stashes and could afford to get rid of one in Tate and pick up a guy that can get me points in the immediate future. What are you guys thoughts on this? Should I do it?

I think you lose on the value you here, but as you said Rivera is a liability to keep on your roster. I would really push for Bradshaw. Maybe throw in a WR or Sankey a better bet than Tate to see 15+ touches a game.

Tate for Mason though is a good deal. Tate is to much of a headache. Mason just doesn't see receptions as that's cunninghams job, but no one is take 10+carries from Mason. And if you're planning on dropping Rivera I guess it's a win for you. Just I believe trading with the right team could get you a little more value

No don't not for Tre Mason.. He's dictating the trade with throwing in what you don't want, remember what you want and make it happen if you're cool with Bradshaw over getting Lacy for lesser players then stick to it. Mason is the same headache believe me its a three headed RB monters in STL with probably the dumbest coaches in the NFL... Bradshaw or Lacy or bust, not worth letting him get what he wants for you to settle on something that you didn't intend to get. You're goal was to get something for Riviera but you had your sights on what would benefit your team, Tre Mason is barely a flex player, if Tate has been reduced to that as well then you have to sit tight. Same headache ask any Mason owner he should be the RB1 in STL but either hasn't done enough to outright win the job or the coach is too stupid to allow him to settle in to the role and see if he can be the RB1.

Maybe try Rivera for Mason straight up. At least it's another not terrible option for you for someone you planned on dropping

And he really should be interested in your WRs. Lafell and Adams are both better starts than royal. Given your team you could easily trade either

Edited by Blasto95

He said no to Rivera for Mason straight so I'm going to do Tate and Rivera for Mason. I don't know that Tate won't become the feature back again in Cleveland but I'm confident it won't be in the next couple weeks while Mason will probably have the next couple weeks to prove he can be. I think its more valuable for me to get someone I can start in weeks 11 and 12 and I think Tate is the better option in those weeks. Hopefully some of my other stashes like Sims, Sankey, Ball or Bush emerge by week 13 or 14 and I can play them then if Mason is a bust. It does me no good to have as many players as I do at RB that can't contribute now but if they emerge they would all at the same time and given the strength of my WR core I can only play 2RBs a week. Thanks a lot for the advice guys.