[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jamaal Charles trade

yungballa

Like I said in your earlier post, this is the only trade (with Jordy) I would even consider...... but I still wouldn't do it. It leaves you too vulnerable at the RB position with Mr. Glass (Mathews) being your #2 RB, and while Jordy is GREAT, you already have two starting outstanding WRs in ODB and Sanders, with Jeffery as your potential flex (or Mathews if he's healthy)

Charles just is too good, and too integral to your team, to trade IMO

Like I said in your earlier post, this is the only trade (with Jordy) I would even consider...... but I still wouldn't do it. It leaves you too vulnerable at the RB position with Mr. Glass (Mathews) being your #2 RB, and while Jordy is GREAT, you already have two starting outstanding WRs in ODB and Sanders, with Jeffery as your potential flex (or Mathews if he's healthy)

Charles just is too good, and too integral to your team, to trade IMO

I can't disagree with this. But, you have to play the odds when you're dealing with future football stats.

Here are the assumptions I'm making:

1. Mr. Glass (Mathews) is over his injury of the year, and is now a solid RB1, and won't be injured again. Yes, he's a risk, but he's really good when he's on.

2. Charles will be underutilized, either because the team is so far behind that the coaching staff relies on a non-existant passing game, or because they're so far ahead that they put in Davis, who is "the future" of the running game there. This has happened not only this season under Andy Reid, but also last season under Romeo Cromel. There is the possibility that Reid lets Charles run wild at the end, once the season is over, like Cromel did last season, but I find it unlikely.

3. The Seahawks are going to run Lynch until his knees are literally bleeding.

4. ODB's value is as high as it will be this season, and he's no match for Jordy for the rest of the season. Neither is Emmanuel Sanders. The upgrade at WR is significant.

5. Rashad, Like Mathews, has been through his injury of the year. He's not nearly as talented, but his usage will contribute heavily now that he's back.

No disrespect to tdybaz, but these are the assumptions I'm making. You wouldn't be wrong to accept or reject this trade.

Edited by bpr103

True. Mathews & Rashad may have their injury for the year, they may get injured again.... it's a gamble. Only point I disagree with is #2; even if they get behind, they just throw screens to Charles and he'll still accumulate stats.

Also, I don't see the gain of Nelson as significant an upgrade as you do over ODB & Sanders. Yes, I think it's an upgrade, but it doesn't matter because all 3 would play tbh (2 in WR, 1 in Flex). IMO the upgrade for Nelson doesn't negate the reduction from Charles to Jennings. Sanders has been a #1A WR for Peyton, while ODB has come on strong the last 4 games, so it's not a fluke, and he's the bonafide #1 WR there.

Me personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable making the trade, but it won't break him either, hopefully

We have a good old fashioned battle of the wits...if my opinion matters I think this is one of those rare trades where it wouldnt be a bad idea to accept or reject...too many circumstances and unknowns to tell right now. Only as the home stretch of the season plays out will you know if this is a good trade or not

Edited by Helpmeout

I agree with that, probably a matter of how comfortable he'll feel with the trade.... like I'd mentioned, I wouldn't want it personally, but I can see the potential benefit.

And trust me, that was no battle.... he'd have kicked my a$$ in a battle of wits, I'm unarmed!! He made good points, it was just my opinions :)

Yeah you can probably tell im extremely uncomfortable accepting this because ive posted it so many times. Im leaning towards declining it, as i am in first place in my league so why mess with that? Charles means too much to my team and i believe he'll play the rest of the year

I can't disagree with this. But, you have to play the odds when you're dealing with future football stats.

Here are the assumptions I'm making:

1. Mr. Glass (Mathews) is over his injury of the year, and is now a solid RB1, and won't be injured again. Yes, he's a risk, but he's really good when he's on.

2. Charles will be underutilized, either because the team is so far behind that the coaching staff relies on a non-existant passing game, or because they're so far ahead that they put in Davis, who is "the future" of the running game there. This has happened not only this season under Andy Reid, but also last season under Romeo Cromel. There is the possibility that Reid lets Charles run wild at the end, once the season is over, like Cromel did last season, but I find it unlikely.

3. The Seahawks are going to run Lynch until his knees are literally bleeding.

4. ODB's value is as high as it will be this season, and he's no match for Jordy for the rest of the season. Neither is Emmanuel Sanders. The upgrade at WR is significant.

5. Rashad, Like Mathews, has been through his injury of the year. He's not nearly as talented, but his usage will contribute heavily now that he's back.

No disrespect to tdybaz, but these are the assumptions I'm making. You wouldn't be wrong to accept or reject this trade.

Im worried about lynch for one reason. He's playing the 49ers twice and cards again in the remainder of the season. Should this affect my outlook on him?

You go with your studs, with the understanding that division games (like those 3) are always going to be tough, regardless of record. He's also demonstrated a propensity to catch passes occasionally, so they might supplement his lack of rushing yards against those particular D's

• Like 1

It's a fair trade and aa good as Jamaal Charles has been, Nelson has been right there with him in terms of points and consistency. Your deep enough at rb where you can afford to lose charles and your getting a low end rb1 in jennings in return,plus your gaining a legitimate WR1 in Nelson. I'd pull the trigger myself.

As for lynch, I can definitely see your concerns, they do play SF twice and ARZ once, however, Alfred Morris just put up 18 points against the 49ers (125 rush yards, TD) and the Redskins dont exactly have a good offensive line other than All Pro Tackle Trent Williams and he didnt even play in that game. other Rbs have had success this year against the 49ers, they aren't the same defense without Willis and Bowman. Seattle's offense runs through Lynch so you know he's going to get his touches and hes a VERY under rated pass catcher out of the backfield. ARZ is top 5 against the run so he COULD stuggle against them a bit but those games between The Cardinals and Hawks are always close, tough games and are usually Run Dominated games.