[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Travis Benjamin underrated week 9?

calcutron

Despite Cleveland's many production problems, does the return of Manziel increase TB's stock enough to warrant being a starting option again? I'm no Manziel lover, but he does have a tendency to air it out, especially to TB, along with his being Manziel's highest percentage target in general. Will he return to wk 1 & 2 numbers again this week?

First off as far as I know there has been no announcement that Manziel WILL start, only that they are preparing to have him start if McCown cannot go. I know that McCown took a beating, and has lots of pain (possibly broken ribs) and trouble breathing. But the team is not ruling him out. That said I think he's too banged up to go and Manziel should and will start.

Now for Travis Benjamin and this belief that Manziel increases his value, not sure we have enough evidence of that from 1 start plus some time in the opener against the Jets. He was only targeted 4 times in that titans game, his lowest this season other than week 1 with 3 targets. Yes most of the long TD throws came from Manziel "airing it out" but that isn't the only place he gets value. He's had double digit targets in 4 straight games (weeks 3-6), but has been tailing off the last 2 weeks. In the Cards game last Sunday it was more Taylor Gabriel and Hartline, than Benjamin. As Taz said good defenses in Rams/Cards games reduced his chances.

I'd say he's a starting WR option, lower end WR2. Of course this is a Thursday night game and those can always be weird.

McCown has been ruled out

Ok hadn't seen or heard that development, looks like the news came out early this morning. Was following it a lot yesterday, and watched local news last night, no mention was made then that a decision had been made. And as you've noticed I'm a bit touchy about media speculation being turned into fact, like Thomas was traded to DEN, Manziel was named starter yesterday afternoon, etc.

• Like 1

This week's Huddle Start/Bench article points out no WR has surpassed 70 yards against the Bengals this year. Although Benjamin caught some long TDs from Manziel earlier in the season, they were plays where Manziel scrambled and Benjamin got behind the defense. While those types of plays are great, they can't be counted on and I'd feel more confident with McCown targeting him 12 times in a game opposed to waiting for the long bomb. That said, if I had to plug him in I would and feel ok about it, but personally the one league I have him in I'm starting Barnidge at flex instead over him in a TE premium league.

This week's Huddle Start/Bench article points out no WR has surpassed 70 yards against the Bengals this year. Although Benjamin caught some long TDs from Manziel earlier in the season, they were plays where Manziel scrambled and Benjamin got behind the defense. While those types of plays are great, they can't be counted on and I'd feel more confident with McCown targeting him 12 times in a game opposed to waiting for the long bomb. That said, if I had to plug him in I would and feel ok about it, but personally the one league I have him in I'm starting Barnidge at flex instead over him in a TE premium league.

I'm also debating Barnigde over him at flex and am leaning towards Barnidge. I think he's going to get more targets.