[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

1st on waiver order.. put a claim in for Amendola but unsuccessful?

lys916

See what you're saying. Seems more like a programming error, and a little bit of carelessness on your part. It would make more sense for a prompt to say that the empty roster spot was in a pending transaction but then the waiver system would have to treat the "empty spot" as a player to be able to act as if it is "in a pending transaction". Without looking at the code it's hard to determine whether or not it would be an easy fix or just be more trouble than what it's worth.

Definitely was being careless on my part. I've done the 'full roster' scenario before and get the prompt thinking it would be same for empty roster. I was just curious what would happen if I did that..now I know lol

Well its only natural your waiver claim would be rejected as there isn't a roster space left, otherwise it would just be abused by owners constantly.

That's not what I was buffled about. I was just not aware that yahoo treats 'empty roster spot' differently than 'set to be dropped roster spot' that's all.

This is exactly whats happening in our league. At 12am wednesday pacific time anyone can log in and free to pick up the left over players that were unclaimed.. the claimed players will then be processed 3 hours later. I don't think there's any settings to change this on yahoo.

In my yahoo leagues waivers run Wed morning usually around 3-4am. Anytime after that the unclaimed players are available as free agent pickups but the players that are dropped in the waiver run are in waivers again for 48 hrs

Well its only natural your waiver claim would be rejected as there isn't a roster space left, otherwise it would just be abused by owners constantly.

In myyahoo leagues you can pickup a player off waivers without dropping anyone. It happens once in awhile and the owners fix it asap by dropping someone.Noone abuses it. We use blind bid (which is obviously the only way to do it) :) Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

This is exactly whats happening in our league. At 12am wednesday pacific time anyone can log in and free to pick up the left over players that were unclaimed.. the claimed players will then be processed 3 hours later. I don't think there's any settings to change this on yahoo.

That is ass backward in my opinion, either a bad setting by the commish or bad programming by Yahoo site. To have all players on waivers then take waiver claims and half process them (removing those players that got claimed) and release all unclaimed players to free agency BEFORE actually processing the waiver claims and adding/removing players from the rosters.

Even if this were done with a few minute delay and done at 3AM when most owners are not active, its just lame and setup for the failure you had. Of course knowing how it works now you can plan accordingly (to some extent, since you still don't know if your waiver claim was granted or not).