[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tyler Lockett's breakout year 2016?

Macksimus

What are your thoughts on Tyler Lockett for this year? He's a very intriguing player. His measurables and skill set are very similar to (better than) that of Antonio Brown. Of course, the progression/success of Russell Wilson will obviously be a major factor on what type of success he has this year, but could this be the year Lockett breaks out like Brown did a few years ago? Also, I'm curious to know where is he going in your drafts?

Edited by Macksimus

Actually, I believe the comparison to Brown is not that far off. Both are excellent route runners, excel at blocking and both are electric with the ball in their hands. I think Lockett ends the year somewhere between 18 - 22 ranked receiver.

Yeah, we'll see. Sounds like you must own Lockett in a few leagues. Unabashed optimism happens, I get it.

Yeah, I don't think he is completely different. Brown is obviously a proven super star, and by all accounts Lockett is a #3 WR on a team that in the past has put more focus on running the ball rather than throwing it. The question is will the Seahawks continue with the same old formula or air it out more? If they do air it out more, I am curious to see how that affects Lockett. It could mean big things. Of course a lot will depend on Russell Wilson and whether or not Lockett has moved up on the depth chart.

...just looking for more insight to see if he's worth a possible reach in the draft.

Don't get me wrong, I love Lockett. I like his ADP a whole hell of a lot more than Baldwin's. Meaning I'd rather grab Lockett where he's slotted rather than have to subscribe to the whole "Seattle's offense is going to keep chugging along" thing.

The players are similarly built and share some similar positive attributes but the kid has a LONG way to go to be mentioned in the same breath as Brown.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I love Lockett. I like his ADP a whole hell of a lot more than Baldwin's. Meaning I'd rather grab Lockett where he's slotted rather than have to subscribe to the whole "Seattle's offense is going to keep chugging along" thing.

The players are similarly built and share some similar positive attributes but the kid has a LONG way to go to be mentioned in the same breath as Brown.

Yeah, I think I'm going to temper my expectations, especially since there are so many unknowns right now regarding Seattle's offense. I'll wait and hopefully nab him at his current ADP. At worst he's a WR3 or decent flex option with upside IMO. I appreciate everybody's input.

Edited by Macksimus

He's a very skilled player and could totally change the nature of a game with one touch. However, I would not be able to rely on him as a WR3 because more often than not, his fantasy week will probably be a dud, because his opportunities come from much fewer touches than most other WR 3