[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WW - Got an Issue

Hugh 0ne

Dear Mr. Walters,

The flood control set at 30 seconds should be changed IMO. Right now, it does not even allow you to begin to respond using the quote feature.

Every week I do a fantasy advice thread in the advice forum. I offer my opinion on WDIS, SIMTT, and general fantasy questions. I answer a boat load of questions, one after the other. However, once I finish answering one, and posting it, I can't quote the next one and begin working on my answer for 30 seconds. I have no problem with the flood control, but it shouldn't take affect until you try and submit the post.

Does that make any sense?

Just a suggestion WW, thanks. :D

Dear Mr. Walters,

The flood control set at 30 seconds should be changed IMO. Right now, it does not even allow you to begin to respond using the quote feature.

Every week I do a fantasy advice thread in the advice forum. I offer my opinion on WDIS, SIMTT, and general fantasy questions. I answer a boat load of questions, one after the other. However, once I finish answering one, and posting it, I can't quote the next one and begin working on my answer for 30 seconds. I have no problem with the flood control, but it shouldn't take affect until you try and submit the post.

Does that make any sense?

Just a suggestion WW, thanks. :D

379881[/snapback]

happens to me all the time, and after it happens I can't quote at all.

Jeesh. What kind of service is this? WW on vacation or something? DMD, did you approve that vacation one week before the start of the season? :D

Seriously though, can I get a little help here? Or if it's a dead issue, let me know.

Thank you and best regards,

Hugh One

Flood control has been in place on our boards for years and it will remain for as long as we have one. The time has been reduced and maybe that will help.

The specific issue you are referring to is simply how this software works. I'd suggest not quoting the post and just answering it since that is what appears to be hanging you up.

Flood control has been in place on our boards for years and it will remain for as long as we have one.  The time has been reduced and maybe that will help.

The specific issue you are referring to is simply how this software works.  I'd suggest not quoting the post and just answering it since that is what appears to be hanging you up.

385584[/snapback]

Can't do that because I'm responding to a butt load of posts, and it would be way to confusing for the people asking questions.

Thanks for the response though, I guess I'll just have to deal with it. :D