[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roster management question

dugtoni

Hey guys, would appreciate your thoughts on my situation. I lost Watson and Winston so I picked up McCown to start this week. I had an extra roster spot open up after Hogan was ruled out and I moved him to IR. I then decided to pick up Rod Smith as a flier (I own Zeke). I had debated picking up Smith or Mariota since I will need a qb next week with McCown on bye and I really like Mariota’s schedule down the stretch, plus I hear he is ready to start running more. These are options I am considering:

1. Leaves things how they are and hope I can pick up Mariota next week. He plays Pittsburgh so anyone needing a qb might not pick him up. But also could potentially lose out on him when I really need a qb down the stretch.

2. Drop Rod Smith to pick Mariota up. Smith might be a long shot flier and it is wiser to shore up my qb situation?

3. Drop McCown for Mariota. I like McCown more this week but he is off next week and I like Mariota’s schedule down the stretch more. 

That's a tough one. I am holding Mariota myself with Tyrod down the stretch. McCown has been pretty great so he and Mariota would be a decent combo. I say this without looking at their schedules. Rod Smith is a complete unknown so I would drop him. We have no idea which of these 3 RBs will be serviceable. So I vote 2.