[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

End-of-Bench RBs ...

davisd3

`

At this point, I somewhat like the idea of adding both Packers RBs: Ty Montgomery and Jamal Williams (with Aaron Jones now out from three to six weeks).

But I'm not sure that duo makes for the best option for the rest of the season.

I've got four spots to play with at the end of my bench. Which four do I roster (meaning the other three will be on the wire for other teams to grab)?

- Samaje Perine

- Jamal Williams

- Ty Montgomery

- Alfred Morris

- Darren McFadden

- Rex Burkhead

- Kenyan Drake

`

I feel like Drake and Burkhead should definitely get rostered. Personally, I'm holding onto Montgomery even when a lot of people aren't. Hundley is improving, and Williams has struggled this year. I'd say the fourth spot is a toss up between Williams and Perine. I'd say Rod Smith is the back to own in Dallas, if there even is one worth owning.

4 hours ago, davisd3 said:

- Samaje Perine

- Jamal Williams

- Ty Montgomery

- Alfred Morris

- Darren McFadden

- Rex Burkhead

- Kenyan Drake

Drake, Williams, Morris, Burkhead.  

Most likely starting majority of the time except Burkhead but his upside puts him slightly ahead of Perine who you could take in his place should you rather have all 'starters'.  

DMC = 3rd RB, Mont = injury factory working overtime.

Thanks everyone ... interesting message string!

Well, waivers ran last night before your replies were posted here. I'm still having a little remorse not grabbing Jamaal Williams, but I guess I'm talked off the ledge a little. LOL

I already had Kenyan Drake (added him as soon as I heard about the Ajayi trade, not that there's anything too special about being invested in the Dolphins offense!).

Last night: added Rex Burkhead (dropping Darren McFadden) ... added Samaje Perine (dropping Alfred Morris) ... added Ty Montgomery (dropping Jimmy Garoppolo) -- kinda see Mike McCarthy going more with Montgomery, if healthy enough, and if Williams is the lead RB we probably see Aaron Ripkowski get some goal-line work and even a few receptions.

I know, yikes! I'm kinda old school about stashing serviceable RBs at the very end of my bench, especially in a 14-team PPR league. These are truly the last four spots on the end of my bench -- just always trying to have the best stable.