[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade for Dez and McCoy?

pteromyini

I have a possible big trade that I have incredibly mixed feelings about. Any input is much appreciated and I am more than willing to reciprocate the help.

Should I trade away Larry Fitzgerald, Alfred Morris, and Ted Ginn to receive Dez Bryant and LeSean McCoy?

Larry is obviously having a great year, but it just feels like the bottom will fall out and I am not sure how foolish that thought process is, especially since he has a decent playoff schedule. Ginn has actually been a reliable startable asset minus last week. Both Shady and Dez have big names, but have had slightly disappointing seasons both with risks of their own. I love both of their playoff schedules which is why I am considering this trade.

It is a .75 points/reception league.

The rest of my 7-3 team:

QB- Alex Smith, Blake Bortles

RB- Melvin Gordon, DeMarco Murray, Alfred Morris, Matt Forte, Samaje Perine

WR- Larry Fitzgerald, Devin Funchess, Kenaan Allen, Ted Ginn, Jeremaine Kearse

TE- Charles Clay, Austin Seferian Jenkins

D- Ravens

K- Forbath

I'm 100% doing this trade if I'm in your position.

Giving up Fitz is tough, but he's had exactly 1 100 yard game without Palmer (since Palmer became the starter in Zona) so he's most likely to hover around 60 - 70 yards on a weekly basis.  I have no faith in Morris.  I do like Ginn but the saints run the ball allot and spread it around allot so games like last week will happen.

McCoy has a wonderful playoff schedule and even if the running is tough sledding, I can see him catching allot of dump offs all game long.

Dez doesn't have quite as good a schedule but the Cowboys will be throwing allot without Zeke.  He should be the main benefactor. 

I'm on the fence with this...I think Tyrod getting benched hurts McCoy bc teams will key on the run with little confidence in an inexperienced QB. And with Dez...you saw Dak get sacked relentlessly against Atl after Tyron Smith got hurt...if he's missing time I think there could be a tough road ahead as teams don't respect Morris/Rod/McFadden so play the pass morr stingy and with the O line banged up teams can get after the QB easier. I might watch the games this weekend to see how it plays out for both McCoy and Dez given their teams' recent developments. 

This trade has me puzzled. Fitz is a PPR monster. The other two, eh. Morris is nothing special (I think Rod Smith is better), Ginn is a boom or bust and Saints are relying more on the run game. Dez is a huge hit or miss. But Dak will be throwing more. I like McCoy alot. It's his coach that's a damn problem. He had 9 targets last game. 

All in all. I'd do it. 

This trade has far more obvious uncertainty than any other trade I've even considered this year. Dez is the one that has me most puzzled. I understand McCoy's value and the risk involved. I get the value in Fitz that I would be giving up, but I also see there being a risk that his production plummets. I can't decide how much to worry about Dez's injuries, I am leaning towards not much. I am far more concerned about the o-line issues in Dallas and how that could blow up that whole offense. I am curious if people think I am buying into the big names of Dez and McCoy and making an unnecessarily risky move. 

Why do people think McCoy's value goes down now that Taylor is out? I think Peterman is a better pure passer than Taylor, but Taylor was a dual threat with his legs. Could teams stack the box? Sure but your leaving Benjamin, Matthews, Clay, with 1 on 1 coverage. Stacking the box will only last so long, and a rookie QB is going to love his check down RB

15 hours ago, jamesplante11 said:

Why do people think McCoy's value goes down now that Taylor is out? I think Peterman is a better pure passer than Taylor, but Taylor was a dual threat with his legs. Could teams stack the box? Sure but your leaving Benjamin, Matthews, Clay, with 1 on 1 coverage. Stacking the box will only last so long, and a rookie QB is going to love his check down RB

I agree, I don't think this will effect him much. Maybe they'll actually give him the ball. He had I think 9 targets last week. 9!. The best weapon on the team, awful. I'd do the trade, just for Mccoy.