[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper Strategy

debomb

In a 10 team .5 PPR keeper league with one regular keeper and one rookie keeper (round drafted does not matter). I am currently out of playoff contention and the trade deadline is Wednesday so I am looking to improve for next year. Right now my keepers would be Hopkins and Corey Davis. The guy with Watson is in the playoffs and looking to upgrade. He has offered me Watson, Martin/Coleman/Lewis, and Marquise Lee for Newton, Ingram, and Corey Davis. Starting next year with Hopkins and Watson would be really nice.

Another trade I am considering proposing is to the owner of Dalvin Cook who is in the playoffs. I would offer him Ingram and Corey Davis for Cook. Is that a good deal? Will Cook still be the heavy use RB in Minny next year or is Watson a safer bet?

Sidenote: My game next week is still VERY important for me to win. The team with the best record that misses the playoffs gets the number 1 pick the next year and that will either be Zeke or AB (owned by the same guy). I need to either win or have another guy lose to secure that pick so I can't totally sell the house for Watson or Cook.

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Honestly, by trading Ingram you are putting yourself in a big hole for next week.  I would not want to trade for Martin, but for Coleman or Lewis I would consider it. 

This really comes down to what is more important to you, the #1 pick with Hopkins and Davis, or possibly falling in the draft but having Hopkins and Watson or Hopkins and Cook.

If you trade Ingram, your RB situation is not very good and it looks like a huge disadvantage for you securing the #1 pick in my opinion.

I agree which is why I am very hesitant. I would probably go with Coleman out of the three especially since freeman may still be out. And the number one pick is definitely important but there's a chance I don't make a deal and keep Ingram, still lose out on the number one pick, and go into next year empty-handed. Making a deal will at least insure I start with Hopkins and Watson. And who knows what will happen next week with Ingram or Coleman? Banking everything on just one week is very risky. Also after Dak's performance and the performance of a lot of my other players I don't entirely trust them to help me win next week even with Ingram.