[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Major issue from week 14...Please help

trade_pro

My ESPN league was in the playoffs starting week 14.  It's a 12 man head to head league, top 6 make the playoffs.   Team 3 was playing team 6 in the first round of the playoff.  Team 3 receives 5.01 points for being the top seed.  The reason for the 0.01 point is to avoid ties in the playoffs as you can't score 0.01 points.  After Monday night, the scores were 152.11 to 152.1.  So the extra 0.01 saved a tie as designed.  I explained to all that there could be point adjustments.  I looked at the adjustments and saw no change through Thursday of last week, however now there was a change.  I believe the issue is 2 yards were given to the Panther's defense for punt return yards(Panther's Def was on team 6) and we score special teams/defense so kick returns count toward points. 

Did anyone else see this change as its not listed on ESPN's score adjustments but I do see it on NFL?

How would you handle this now that week 15 has already played out?  I can change the teams to correct the situation...but is that the correct thing to do?  

Our league basically treats scores as posted on our league site (CBS) as being final on Wednesday. Owners can file a protest and we'll review and check for stats corrections. We try to explain that we cannot change everything that was impacted, like waivers and such. But it would still need to happen before the next weeks results are compete. so a stat correction now to week 14 with week 15 complete, no adjustements.

I appreciate the input.  According to NFL.com, the corrections came out on Wednesday, December 13th but ESPN published then sometime much later....after Thursday at the minimum.  That's the issue.  ESPN was slow getting the info out.  Their screw up is causing the headache.  Also, I contacted them and they could not say when they made the change to the scoring.  In fact, they said they don't post all changes which seemed dumb to me.  You either do all of them or none of them.

Guys in the league so far are saying to make the corrections, but I'm still on the fence.  Kinda like the rule in golf, play it where it lies.