[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need your advice....

Stripes914

2 hours ago, MacAttak said:

I'd drop hunt and pick breida back up.  Hunt will probably hang out on waivers until week 5/6 if you want him back. 

I thought the same, but my only weakness is a RB (and Cam today) and figured I don’t want to wait around week 4 and wondering if it’s too early to grab him and wonder if week 5 or 6 is the right time. Then I’d wonder if others were thinking the same etc  so I just grabbed him lol

1 hour ago, turbotooslow said:

Should've dropped Hunt in a heartbeat. He shouldn't have even been drafted unless it was a late round flier that you are OK holding on your bench for 9 weeks. Dare I ask where you drafted Hunt?

Sure. I have two Top QBs four Top WRs and 1 decent one a top TE and a decent one. 

A top K

A Top DEF

for RB I’m weak. 

Gurley

Sony

Duke Johnson

Matt Bredia that I dropped for Hint because my two co workers in the league are KC fans and will grab Hunt. So I took him early since Hyde is the best RB currently on the waiver wire and Bredia wouldn’t get much burn anyway. So if he’s gonna sit on my bench, might as well hint sit on my bench was my thinking 

Edited by Stripes914

16 hours ago, Stripes914 said:

Sure. I have two Top QBs four Top WRs and 1 decent one a top TE and a decent one. 

A top K

A Top DEF

for RB I’m weak. 

Gurley

Sony

Duke Johnson

Matt Bredia that I dropped for Hint because my two co workers in the league are KC fans and will grab Hunt. So I took him early since Hyde is the best RB currently on the waiver wire and Bredia wouldn’t get much burn anyway. So if he’s gonna sit on my bench, might as well hint sit on my bench was my thinking

Fair enough, but Hunt would be sitting on your bench doing nothing while Breida gets points. Also, Hunt plays for the Browns...

1 hour ago, turbotooslow said:

Fair enough, but Hunt would be sitting on your bench doing nothing while Breida gets points. Also, Hunt plays for the Browns...

Yes, but Bredia wouldn’t start on my team is what I’m saying. 

Maybe I would be wrong, but I’d start Gurley, Sony and Duke over Bredia for the same 8 weeks. So my logic is 

Bredia wasting away on my bench for 8 weeks, or a secured Hunt on my bench for the same time period.

Although Hunt plays for the Browns, at least one of my coworkers (chiefs fan) has told me he put a claim in for Hunt. (Guess he’s still a Hunt fan)

So I snatched him (I had the priority for the waiver claim).  

40 minutes ago, Stripes914 said:

Yes, but Bredia wouldn’t start on my team is what I’m saying. 

Maybe I would be wrong, but I’d start Gurley, Sony and Duke over Bredia for the same 8 weeks. So my logic is 

Bredia wasting away on my bench for 8 weeks, or a secured Hunt on my bench for the same time period.

Although Hunt plays for the Browns, at least one of my coworkers (chiefs fan) has told me he put a claim in for Hunt. (Guess he’s still a Hunt fan)

So I snatched him (I had the priority for the waiver claim).

Would you rather have depth in your bench (Breida producing), or a big fat 0 who certainly won't get a lot of touches when he gets back? Pretty clear-cut decision to me. Hunt gains literally no value as the season goes on, while Breida now has the lead job in SF because of Coleman's injury. 

Also, Hunt isn't that great. Damien Williams, a super bad player by all accounts, came in and put up the same numbers as Hunt in KC. To me, Hunt was a product of the KC offense. He might be good, but he needs to prove that he is outside of the KC offense and he won't get that chance this year.

Edited by turbotooslow

1 minute ago, turbotooslow said:

Also, Hunt isn't that great. Damien Williams, a super bad player by all accounts, came in and out up the same numbers as Hunt in KC. To me, Hunt was a product of the KC offense. He might be good, but he needs to prove that he is outside of the KC offense and he won't get that chance this year.

Are you Matt Bredia’s agent? 😂

no but seriously, I’d rather have Hunt scoring 0 points for 8 weeks then Bredia and his 37 yards gain yesterday. If this was 3 years ago, maybe but if I need Coleman to get hurt in order for me to feel good about Bredia’s touches, I think I made the right decision. 

Again, we are talking about a 4th strong spot on my bench. 

We are not taking about a starting spot. 

So we are going back and forth over a 2nd bench position lol

maybe if Breida put up Emmitt Smith or Barry Sanders numbers id consider him, but there’s a reason he was on the waiver wire, only owned by 34% of teams and manure the bed yesterday. I’m sorry if he’s your client or family member, but with all due respect, I’d more than comfortable with dropping him. If I need him, he’ll still be there. No one is picking him up. 

14 minutes ago, Stripes914 said:

Are you Matt Bredia’s agent? 😂

no but seriously, I’d rather have Hunt scoring 0 points for 8 weeks then Bredia and his 37 yards gain yesterday. If this was 3 years ago, maybe but if I need Coleman to get hurt in order for me to feel good about Bredia’s touches, I think I made the right decision. 

Again, we are talking about a 4th strong spot on my bench. 

We are not taking about a starting spot. 

So we are going back and forth over a 2nd bench position lol

maybe if Breida put up Emmitt Smith or Barry Sanders numbers id consider him, but there’s a reason he was on the waiver wire, only owned by 34% of teams and manure the bed yesterday. I’m sorry if he’s your client or family member, but with all due respect, I’d more than comfortable with dropping him. If I need him, he’ll still be there. No one is picking him up. 

Dude...you are completely overreacting. It's week 1 and a lot of players, including everyone in that entire SF TB game, manure the bed. Yes, I'd rather have Breida who needs a Coleman injury than Hunt. Because guess what? That Coleman injury happened. And he didn't need the Coleman injury, it just helps his stock a lot now. Breida over Hunt all day. Also, Breida was very, very productive last year. 

It sounds like your mind is completely made up, though. So why even ask? Also, he won't be there on waivers unless you are in a league of tacos. Everyone here says Breida, so do what you want but to me it's an easy decision. Was trying to be helpful but if you don't want to hear it then you don't want to hear it.

Edited by turbotooslow

55 minutes ago, turbotooslow said:

Dude...you are completely overreacting. It's week 1 and a lot of players, including everyone in that entire SF TB game, manure the bed. Yes, I'd rather have Breida who needs a Coleman injury than Hunt. Because guess what? That Coleman injury happened. And he didn't need the Coleman injury, it just helps his stock a lot now. Breida over Hunt all day. Also, Breida was very, very productive last year. 

It sounds like your mind is completely made up, though. So why even ask? Also, he won't be there on waivers unless you are in a league of tacos. Everyone here says Breida, so do what you want but to me it's an easy decision. Was trying to be helpful but if you don't want to hear it then you don't want to hear it.

I think you’re confused here. 

I asked who I would start, Sony Michel or Duke Johnson. 90% said Sony. 

YOU asked me why I dropped Bredia as if it was a personal attack against you. I explained my logic, which you didn’t agree with so you've spent two days trying to convince me that dropping Bredia was the wrong move. 

Ive respectfully explained why I’m confident with my decision, and have thanked each and every person for their help (even though the help was for Sony or Duke and none of it was for Bredia until you asked about him). I also appreciate your input. I don’t agree with it, but I appreciate it. 

If i start a topic called “who should be my 3rd and 4th string RB - Hunt or Bredi” then we can continue to dialogue. But honestly, you’re insisting Hunt isn’t great and Bredia is with regards to who will sit on my bench. 

So next week when Bredia goes 25 for 120 and 2 TDs no need to say “I told you so” because if and when he does it won’t concern me because I STILL choose not to pick him up. He’d need to be Emmitt Smith for me to consider him. And he’s not. So I won’t. 

Now, who are you’re starting RBs? And if you tell me Matt Bredia is your RB1 or RB2 then I’d have to assume your are Matt Bredia lol

Edited by Stripes914

33 minutes ago, Stripes914 said:

I think you’re confused here. 

I asked who I would start, Sony Michel or Duke Johnson. 90% said Sony. 

YOU asked me why I dropped Bredia as if it was a personal attack against you. I explained my logic, which you didn’t agree with so you've spent two days trying to convince me that dropping Bredia was the wrong move. 

Ive respectfully explained why I’m confident with my decision, and have thanked each and every person for their help (even though the help was for Sony or Duke and none of it was for Bredia until you asked about him). I also appreciate your input. I don’t agree with it, but I appreciate it. 

If i start a topic called “who should be my 3rd and 4th string RB - Hunt or Bredi” then we can continue to dialogue. But honestly, you’re insisting Hunt isn’t great and Bredia is with regards to who will sit on my bench. 

So next week when Bredia goes 25 for 120 and 2 TDs no need to say “I told you so” because if and when he does it won’t concern me because I STILL choose not to pick him up. He’d need to be Emmitt Smith for me to consider him. And he’s not. So I won’t. 

Now, who are you’re starting RBs? And if you tell me Matt Bredia is your RB1 or RB2 then I’d have to assume your are Matt Bredia lol

Haha I completely get it. It's just the direction the thread took - sorry to derail it. I, like many others, just prefer Breida over Hunt, considering Breida is a flex play every week and could be an RB2 like last year any given week, especially now that Coleman is sidelined.

My starting RBs are Saquon, DJ, and Cook in a 10-team. My other league (also a 10-team) is DJ, Devonta Freeman, and Kerryon.

Edited by turbotooslow

2 minutes ago, turbotooslow said:

Haha I completely get it. It's just the direction the thread took - sorry to detail it. My starting RBs are Saquon, DJ, and Cook in a 10-team. My other league (also a 10-team) is DJ, Devonta Freeman, and Kerryon.

Dammit. I wanted to ask you why you had certain guys as your RBs, but I like all your guys. lol

seriously though. Thanks for your feedback and help!!

stick around, I’ll be asking for help all year 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

2 minutes ago, Stripes914 said:

Dammit. I wanted to ask you why you had certain guys as your RBs, but I like all your guys. lol

seriously though. Thanks for your feedback and help!!

stick around, I’ll be asking for help all year 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

Of course. I get a little opinionated for sure, but I do *too much* research on all of this so I'm passionate about it. I will also be asking for help throughout the year.