[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ESPN League question: Remove divisions

Vikings>Packers

Does anyone know if you’re in an ESPN league and there are 2 divisions with the top 3 from each division making the playoffs, can you change it mid season to just the top 6 teams in the league, regardless of division, make the playoffs? 

I talked to the commissioner and he said he doesn’t know how to do this. 

It’s a 10 man league, and the 4 best teams are all in one division, so one of them will not make the playoffs. Because of the dumb divisions thing, there’ll likely be at least one team in the playoffs whose owner rarely, if ever, updates their lineup. 

I know it’s lame to complain that something isn’t fair in fantasy, but it’s pretty ridiculous when the top 4 points leaders won’t all make the playoffs. 

Edited by Vikings>Packers

Regardless of if the league settings can be adjusted you need to consider if is fair or right to change rules during the season. Were the rules known in advance? Or was it some default setting that nobody noticed. 

We'd never make a change like this in our league during the season, not without good reason and a unanimous vote.

My local is 10 team with no divisions and it does insure highest scoring teams make the playoffs and I like it.

I understand your frustration but changing league structure mid-season to manipulate playoff seeding would be a bush league move and unethical in my opinion.:pflag:

Live and learn...make the change next season.

Just now, slambo said:

My local is 10 team with no divisions and it does insure highest scoring teams make the playoffs and I like it.

I understand your frustration but changing league structure mid-season to manipulate playoff seeding would be a bush league move and unethical in my opinion.:pflag:

Live and learn...make the change next season.

Yeah, I know. You’re right. And I’m in first in my division, so I shouldn’t complain, I just needed to vent. Definitely making that change for next season, though!