[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade for Jamal Lewis?

ROCKNE

I posted this yesterday thinking midnight was the trade deadline , it's actually today at gametime. Would you trade Pittman & either Roy Williams, Burleson or Givens for Jamal Lewis? I would be getting a big name back who really hasn't lived up to expectations and giving up a back that is doing almost has well with a favorable schedule. Also I would lose WR depth. The best WR's out there I could pick up would be Parker or Pathon. My team is below and here is his team....

Harrington QB

J Lewis RB

T Duckett RB

L Fitzgerald WR

P Burress WR

R Smith WR

D Graham TE

M Vanderjagt K

B Griese QB

J Jones RB

K Barlow RB

L Suggs RB

W Green RB

K Colbert WR

S Moss WR

M Moore RB

How confident are you that R. Moss will be back next week? Adding Lewis is tempting, but this trade does leave you pretty thin at WR, since you need to start three. Jones & Pittman have been better than average thus far, posting total numbers equal or better than Lewis, although Lewis has been a bit more consistent than the other two RBs.

I've not compared the BAL & TBB schedules to see which has the easier upcoming games, but that should be a factor in your decision.

This deal has some potential upside for you, but on the surface does not seem like a quantum leap forward...I might make the trade however, if Givens is the WR you give up ... when Branch/Brown work their way back into the lineup, he'll be stuck in the NEP WRBC scheme again.

Jamal is very tempting but I agree with TS, you would be rather thin if Moss doesn't make it back. That is really the gamble here.

And if you do keep Burleson, you may have to start both he and Randy together.

That is a real tough choice... If I was confident in Moss's return, I'd do it

I'm really torn on this one. I agree it would be leaving me thin at WR and I am high on Givens but you are right he may lose a lot when Branch comes back. Would Roy Williams be a better choice to get rid of because of the lingering ankle problems?

567524[/snapback]

Giving up Roy in this deal is not out of the question...he's averaged 2.5 rec, 48.5 yards (0TD) over the last 3 weeks, compared to Givens' 6 rec, 89 yards (2TD).