[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just had a random flashback.

Monsters Of The Midway

Way before my time but, both men are legends. Were any of you guys around to witness the greatness of Tom Landry and Vince Lombardi working as assitant coaches together for the NYG in the 1950's? Man, what an awsome sight that would have been to see!

I'd like to hear some stories / memories if any fellow Huddlers remembered when these 2 icons worked side by side for the same team.

Way before my time but, both men are legends.  Were any of you guys around to witness the greatness of Tom Landry and Vince Lombardi working as assitant coaches together for the NYG in the 1950's?  Man, what an awsome sight that would have been to see!

I'd like to hear some stories / memories if any fellow Huddlers remembered when these 2 icons worked side by side for the same team.

613780[/snapback]

I would love to hear them too. I could only imagine the the insight players on the Giants of the 50' got from these two.

I bet they would have done everything in their power to keep Warner starting when they were in the playoff hunt over putting Eli in and throwing in the towell on the season.

I found this online from http://www.vincelombardi.com/about/biography.html

Vince left West Point in 1954 for an assistant coaching position with the New York Giants, under head coach and former classmate Jim Lee Howell. Vince was in charge of offensive strategy for the Giants, while future Dallas Cowboys coach Tom Landry led the defense. The previous season, the Giants suffered with a 3-9 record and scored the least number of points in the league. Within three years of Vince's arrival, however, the Giants were a championship team. His leadership channeled the talents of football great Frank Gifford, whom he switched from defense to offense. For each of the five years that Vince coached the Giants, Gifford was nominated as a halfback on the all-pro team and the Giants did not have a losing season.

I thought it was pretty interesting information about what he did with Frank Gifford.