[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bettis in Week 16?

Piranha

Is he a safe bet to start?

Or is Staley supposed to be back? (listed as Q)

PITT homers?

629907[/snapback]

Below is a clip from 12-23-2004 pittsburgh post gazette

Duce Staley did not practice yesterday and did not sound as if he would play Sunday. He's listed as questionable with a hamstring injury that prevented him from playing in five of the past seven games.

"Accelerating, that's the problem," Staley said. "I'm not able to change gears, as they say. When you're not able to go out and explode or go out and accelerate, you definitely have a problem. Who knows? Hopefully I'll make progress during the week and if not, I can't control it."

If he's anything less than probable this week or next, I'd be shocked if they played him. Bettis is still holding up extremely well, and the last thing they need is for Staley to aggrevate the injury and have to miss the playoffs. Even if he were to play, it would probably be on a limited basis to give Bettis a rest, not the other way around...