[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reviewing how our league plays the game

theeohiostate

I gave my toilet bowl winner $30, which was half of their money back, with division winners getting I think $75 and the other 4 playoff teams getting $25 for making the playoffs.

As we had two 5-team divisions, what I did was this:

Round one of playoffs:

Division winenrs get a bye

2nd and 3rd in each division play each other

4th and 5th play each other in toilet bowl playoffs

Round 2 of playoffs -

winners of 2nd/3rd place game play the division winner

loser of 2nd/3rd place game play winner of 4th/5th place game in TB playoff

Round 3 of playoffs -

div winner vs. 2nd/3rd team winner play in Superbowl

TB game winners play in Toiletbowl

This format kept all teams alive longer so no one was done after week 13, and while there was not significant money to be had in the Toilet Bowl, it was better than a swift kick in the groin.

Why do we have to take the luck out of fantasy football.  Luck plays a huge role in every sport.  I admit its frustrating, but when you win it is more rewarding.  If there was no luck there would be no upsets.

634086[/snapback]

You cant remove luck completely, but I would prefer to minimize the luck factor wherever possible and I really feel eliminating the head-to-head tie breaker does just that. Again; to me it boils down to how to determine which owner with an equal record had the better FF season... comparing how they did on the one or two weeks they played each other isn't as good as comparing how each owner managed his/her team over the course of the year.