[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McCombs Blathers about Vikes Sweet Spot

Donutrun Jellies

From Seiferts column ... Vikings' owner McCombs says ...

"Today, we're not worried about yesterday," McCombs said. "I look at the playoffs and think we have as good a shot as any team to [win the Super Bowl]. I like our place. We lost to [the Packers] twice this year in close games, so we know we can beat them. We don't need any extra incentive. I don't see how it could have set up any better way."

Set up any better than finishing 3-7, backing into the playoffs, having to play outdoors after losing something like 19 of the past 20 outdoor games, and against a rival who's beaten you recently? :D WOWSERS!! Yep, winning 7 of your last 10, getting a bye, having home field advantage, and having to play a team that backed into the playoffs with a losing skid would have been much worse. You're right, Red. You're lucky it happened the way it did. There is no way to top how it could have set up any better than it did. :D

If he's that delusional, he should hire Haslett (of the "Nobody wanted to play the Saints in the playoffs") and trade Culpepper for Brooks (of the "I'm a great quarterback on a team that can't come together").

No doubt, the Vikes are a dangerous team with an outside shot at the superbowl -- but to say "I don't see how it could have set up any better way" is ridiculous. Have some class and humility for a moment and go with the truer, "it'll be a challenge given our skid, but with Culp and Moss and the rest of our team, anything is possible" ...

The Ravens have already announced that their OC (Cavanaugh) will not be back. They are believed to be targeting the current Vikings OC, but cannot talk to him until the Vikings are out of the playoffs. The fact that he ran a top offense and is on one of the lowest paid staffs and his contract is up after this season makes him a prime target. This is assuming no one hires Jim Fassel (Saints??)