[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Great Seahawk News!

Bonehand

A great day for 'Hawk fans everywhere!

"Bob Whitsitt was fired as Seahawks president today.

Seattle owner Paul Allen said he made the decision in the best interest of the franchise.

"I decided to take a change of direction and bring in somebody with a deep background in football to run the football side of the organization," Allen said. "I didn't take it lightly at all, but felt it's what is needed for the franchise." "

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1967073

:D:DB)

(and I NEVER use the Banana!)

Edited by Bonehand

Does that mean they keep Alexander? Hasselback? Walter Jones? :D

655283[/snapback]

Since they will be bringing in a new President & a new head of football operations to replace Ted Thompson, and since the 'Hawks have something like 28 million under the cap, to me it means at the very least that Walter Jones will finally get signed.

I predict also that Hasselbeck will be signed, & quickly. He had a great radio interview this week where he was quoted as saying:

"I want to be the first one to resign with the Seahawks. We have a lot of unfinished business here, and I want to be able to help recruit other players to sign."(paraphrased from memory) When asked if franchised, will he sit out training camp, he replied "No, I'm not one of those guys". This speaks volumes about his commitment to the team, especially when contrasted this with Alexander's "I'll go where providence places me" type comments.

Plus, there is no salary cap for the front office, so there is no reason why Paul Allen can't afford to bring in the very best minds to head up the 'Hawks. When new folks enter an organization the usually want to make their mark, so I'm looking forward to a very interesting offseason.