[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Playing with a chip on one's shoulder...

Menudo

I'm not sure if it TRULY matters, but I find it funny how things have reversed themselves. Last week almost everyone, including me, was picking the Colts to defeat the Patriots. Many Pats players have said that this caused them to play with something to prove, despite being defending Super Bowl Champs. Now, in the very next week, due to the fact that the Steelers barely escaped the Jets, and the Pats hammered the Colts, the Patriots are everyone's pick and are 3 point favorites to open in Vegas, rightfully so. My point is, if this weekend's activities didn't happen, if the Pats squeaked a win against the Colts and weren't as dominant and if the Steelers cruised to a 15-20 point win against the Jets, the Steeelers would be favored. I understand the sentiment and the spread, as the Pats are the champs and looked great yesterday, but I just find it strange that a 16-1 teams that has beaten their opponent earlier in the season is a 3 point dog at home. Personally, as a Steeler fan, I'm glad it has set itself up this way, as now the Steelers are the one's feeling like they are being disrespected. It is going to be a great game !!!!

Personally, as a Steeler fan, I'm glad it has set itself up this way, as now the Steelers are the one's feeling like they are being disrespected.  It is going to be a great game !!!!

657661[/snapback]

Me too. I want everyone to pick the Pats to win this game.

But I'm sure the Pats will twist something around to invent some imaginary feeling of being doubted and disrespected. :oldrolleyes: