[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Illini/Badgers

gilthorp

Well, here it is boys and girls...the night that all of us Illini fans knew was coming, but how sweet it is for us to be running into Madison still with an undefeated record.

So, with all the top teams taking their hits, we may see Duke as the #1 team in the country next week....IF the Illini lose tonight.

My boys never play well up there, and Wisconsin is such a handful at home.

I haven't been able to say that the Illini are the best team in the country, I've only been able to say they are one of the top 4 teams, but happened to have the #1 ranking.

However, if they go into Madison and pull out a victory tonight, I will proudly say that they are the best team in the country, and may very well have the goods to take it all.

However, I predict that we'll see early foul trouble by the low post players for Illinois, and Wisconsin will control this game, when nobody will be able to play with Wilkinson.

I'll be watching....ESPN.

By no means do I think this is going to be an easy game in any way, but I do think it will play out like the few other tuff games this year, like @ Purdue.

I think the Badgers will come out playing a physical low-post game and try to grind the game out, and hope Illinois gets in foul trouble early. However, after halftime Head, Brown, and Williams will come out shooting from the perimeter, and if they are on, I don’t think Wisconsin will be able to keep up. Especially if Augustine plays like he has been. Just my .02$.

I do agree though gil, this is the toughest opponent they have faced yet. If they can win, in Wisconsin, there should be no doubt they are the best team in the nation.

Wheeww. Great game!

I was surprised to see Wisconsin come out shooting like they did. That Wilkinson kid is pretty good.

Augustine had a great game, and Williams wasn't too shabby either.

Wheeww.  Great game!

I was surprised to see Wisconsin come out shooting like they did.  That Wilkinson kid is pretty good.

Augustine had a great game, and Williams wasn't too shabby either.

672657[/snapback]

Critical that Williams was aggressive early in the game. When he decides to score, there aren't many that can stay with him.

I knew they'd have foul trouble with their low post players...but we escaped.

HUGH...I mean HUGH three's by Ingram. WOW!

Yeah no kidding!!!!!  Where the heck did that come from?  The kid hit two three's ALL YEAR?!?!?

672671[/snapback]

I like him...he's got heart.

He was a Bill Self follower...was first at Tulsa with him, transferred to Illinois, but stayed when coach left. He's a gamer and they can go 9 deep with him.