[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colt O

Guest Sores

Guest Sores

New threat to watch for in the Colts' offense this season: tight end Bryan Fletcher. "We had so many tight ends that he just didn't get a chance," Dungy says, "but when we played San Diego and he was Antonio Gates during the week, we couldn't cover him."

Guest dabears

So Clark won't be taking more of the snaps I take it since Pollard is gone.

Bummer, I was hoping they would go w/1 TE set, didn't even notice or think that he would be replaced.

Do you think he will have that much of a presence? I missed the game vs San Diego, but believe it was one of the games where starters were not present? So, it's possible he shined due to San's D not entirely being there? San's pass D was pretty weak anyway, I believe 2nd from last.

I ask because I am a Colt's fan and try to base my picks accordingly. Well, I try to pick players on teams I like. I will never pick a Green Bay player. Doesn't matter how good she is.

Edited by dabears

So Clark won't be taking more of the snaps I take it since Pollard is gone.

Bummer, I was hoping they would go w/1 TE set, didn't even notice or think that he would be replaced. 

Do you think he will have that much of a presence?  I missed the game vs San Diego, but believe it was one of the games where starters were not present?  So, it's possible he shined due to San's D not entirely being there?  San's pass D was pretty weak anyway, I believe 2nd from last.

I ask because I am a Colt's fan and try to base my picks accordingly.  Well, I try to pick players on teams I like.  I will never pick a Green Bay player.  Doesn't matter how good she is.

749694[/snapback]

Clark is the clear cut #1 tight end. When the Colts go to two-tight end sets it will be interesting who that second tight end is. Like I said, the Colts are loaded at the position. It will be decided in training camp between Hartsock, Fletcher, and Utecht.

By the way, it was the COLTS DEFENSE who couldn't cover him in PRACTICE for the San Diego game. Fletcher was on the scout team playing the part of Antonio Gates. Doesn't exactly make it a slam dunk that he will be awesome. . .

Guest dabears
Clark is the clear cut #1 tight end.  When the Colts go to two-tight end sets it will be interesting who that second tight end is.  Like I said, the Colts are loaded at the position.  It will be decided in training camp between Hartsock, Fletcher, and Utecht.

By the way, it was the COLTS DEFENSE who couldn't cover him in PRACTICE for the San Diego game.  Fletcher was on the scout team playing the part of Antonio Gates.  Doesn't exactly make it a slam dunk that he will be awesome. . .

749701[/snapback]

Ahhh, clear's up things for me. Thanks for the head's up.

Guest dabears

Colts page about their TE's.

May have been posted before, but since this thread is fresh, do you think Pollard will do well in Detroit and do you think he will be a top, lets say 10, TE? Obviously below, Gates, Gonzo, Witten (missing others)...

Guest dabears
Top 10?  I doubt it.  He will be a solid contributor, but a lot depends on Mr. Harrington.  Detroit better find a decent TE to help with the load though, or Pollard won't make it through the whole season.

749756[/snapback]

Good point, noted.

New threat to watch for in the Colts' offense this season: tight end Bryan Fletcher. "We had so many tight ends that he just didn't get a chance," Dungy says, "but when we played San Diego and he was Antonio Gates during the week, we couldn't cover him."

749502[/snapback]

He tore it up in the pre-season last year too.  One problem.  He is way down on the depth chart:

1.  Dallas Clark

2.  Ben Hartsock

3.  Ben Utecht or Bryan Fletcher

749683[/snapback]

Doesn't really make much sense. Is Tony Dungy acting as this guys agent or what? I mean first what does it mean that the Colts D couldn't guard their 3rd or 4th string TE in practice. Either the Colts D sucks more than we think or what the he!! is this guy doing being the 4th string TE.

This has no FF implications at all unless Dallas Clark gets hurt and Fletcher is named the #1 TE. Even then he is still the #4 or 5 option behind Harrison, Wayne, Stokley and Edge. Even Clark is really a suspect option as a starting FF TE unless people really think Manning is going to be able to throw 49 TD's every year. Not likely...........

Clark is the clear cut #1 tight end.  When the Colts go to two-tight end sets it will be interesting who that second tight end is.  Like I said, the Colts are loaded at the position.  It will be decided in training camp between Hartsock, Fletcher, and Utecht.

By the way, it was the COLTS DEFENSE who couldn't cover him in PRACTICE for the San Diego game.  Fletcher was on the scout team playing the part of Antonio Gates.  Doesn't exactly make it a slam dunk that he will be awesome. . .

749701[/snapback]

Agreed..

Rear some stuff here.....

http://www.nflfans.com/draft/article.php?s...050325070608311

That makes me think edge is absolutely gone, after this year.....

750994[/snapback]

That is not exactly new news. But I agree. Edge will probably play for the Colts this year, and then he will walk.

749701[/snapback]

That's interesting, as Gates only put up 49 yds against the Colts in Week 16. I thought that he'd manhandle them.

So, Fletcher is clearly fast, but can he run routes and catch? Stay tuned...

That is not exactly new news.  But I agree.  Edge will probably play for the Colts this year, and then he will walk.

751240[/snapback]

It does however, reinforce the fact that Colts management hasnt changed it's position.