[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

David Terrell

Skrappy1

Glenn could at least get separation from CBs and catch passes back in the mid/late '90s.  Can't say that "The Bomb-Ass Dick" was ever capable of either.

764543[/snapback]

While it may be true that DT doesn't have any talent, the Siberia of offense which is Chicago is not a valid testing ground. Simply put, any player in a Bears offense the last 3-4 years has no chance to succeed. With no offensive line and no more than one threat on the field at one time. Not that I agree with it, but it must be hard to practice each day and play hard each week knowing your pissing into the wind.

I think the new scenery will actually give us an opportunity to evaluate any player the Bears release.

He very well may be a slug, but his performance is "offensive Siberia" is not a valid proving ground.

While it may be true that DT doesn't have any talent, the Siberia of offense which is Chicago is not a valid testing ground.  Simply put, any player in a Bears offense the last 3-4 years has no chance to succeed.  With no offensive line and no more than one threat on the field at one time.  Not that I agree with it, but it must be hard to practice each day and play hard each week knowing your pissing into the wind.

I think the new scenery will actually give us an opportunity to evaluate any player the Bears release. 

He very well may be a slug, but his performance is "offensive Siberia" is not a valid proving ground.

765483[/snapback]

Really? Let's take a look at what some other guys did in "Siberia" recently...

Marty Booker

2001: 100 rec, 1071 yds

2002: 97 rec, 1183 yds

2003: 52 rec, 715 yds (in 13 games)

Marcus Robinson

1999: 84 rec, 1400 yds :D

2000: 55 rec, 738 yds (in 11 games, with Cade McNown getting most of the snaps)

True talent can flourish in "offensive Siberia."

Terrells' best season? 42 rec, 699 yds (16 games)

Given that Booker and Robinson easily out-produced Terrell (even during injury-plagued seasons), I stand by my assertion that Terrell sucks.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Really?  Let's take a look at what some other guys did in "Siberia" recently...

Marty Booker

2001: 100 rec, 1071 yds

2002: 97 rec, 1183 yds

2003: 52 rec, 715 yds (in 13 games)

Marcus Robinson

1999: 84 rec, 1400 yds  :D

2000: 55 rec, 738 yds (in 11 games, with Cade McNown getting most of the snaps)

True talent can flourish in "offensive Siberia."

Terrells' best season?  42 rec, 699 yds (16 games)

Given that Booker and Robinson easily out-produced Terrell (even during injury-plagued seasons), I stand by my assertion that Terrell sucks.

765750[/snapback]

Well put. Couldn't agree with you more. Terrell will have some major growing up to do in NE.

The big thing to consider here is that David Terrell does not have to be a #1 for the Pats. He is a #3 or #4 WR right now on the Pats. Is he as good as David Patten? maybe...maybe not.

Patten Last year had 44 catches for 800 yds and 7 TD's. While I don't expect Terrell to end up with 7 TD's, his career #'s match this output well.

So BB is replacing a soon to be 31 year old Patten, who received a 5 year/$13 million deal from the skins, with a former first round draft pick who is 26 and signed a 1 year at the veteran minimum. Sounds like a good deal to me.

I don't expect Terrell to be a savior, but he can be role player.

The big thing to consider here is that David Terrell does not have to be a #1 for the Pats.  He is a #3 or #4 WR right now on the Pats.  Is he as good as David Patten? maybe...maybe not. 

I don't expect Terrell to be a savior, but he can be role player.

765835[/snapback]

Terrell will be a #3, as he's not as good as David Givens and not nearly as talented as Deion Branch. Will he be a serviceable slot receiver? Perhaps, but I doubt that he'll have a significant impact (either for the Pats or fantasy owners). IIRC, he was #3 on the depth chart for his first three years in Chicago and did little. In addition, his propensity to drop passes and commit stupid offensive penalties will piss off Belichick to no end. And let's not forget his mouth and off-the-field stupidity. Bill won't like that either. I'd be more concerned about those factors than his ability to perform in the slot.

David Terrell is a perfect fit as a #3 WR in this offense. In Chicago, he played with several sub-par QBs who, as a result of having no self confidence, would lock onto a specific WR (see Marcus Robinson, Marty Booker) and throw at him every play.

Playing an active role with a QB with whom he experienced his career's greatest success (as well as some age and the winning metality) will revive his career. Noboday is asking him to deliver huge numbers, but his does have excellent playmaking ability and bring toughnes to the Pats WR.

Glenn could at least get separation from CBs and catch passes back in the mid/late '90s.  Can't say that "The Bomb-Ass Dick" was ever capable of either.

764543[/snapback]

Terrell gets separation........he knocks the cb down before attempting a catch. :D

Good riddance!