[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Buckhalter ready to play

DMD

While maybe he won't last the whole year due to yet another injury, Buckhalter's return should cut into the production of Westbrook - particularly touchdowns. I say he comes as a good value in a draft.

PHILADELPHIA (AP) _ Correll Buckhalter said he surprised himself with how fluid he made his cuts. N.D. Kalu said he could hardly sleep, he was so happy about a return to the field. Shawn Andrews wants to pick up where his rookie season started _ so full of promise and in the starting lineup.

For these three Eagles, along with fullback Jon Ritchie, Wednesday's rookie training camp was a chance to show they are recovered from injuries that cost them a shot at playing in the Super Bowl.

``Man, I'm ready to play a game,'' Buckhalter said. ``I can cut, jump, do whatever you want me to do. I've got my explosion because I'm lean right now.''

Perhaps no injured Eagle has as much to prove as Buckhalter, who is coming off his second season-ending knee injury in three years.

``I'm a survivor,'' Buckhalter said.

Buckhalter, who tore the patella tendon in his right knee in a preseason game against Baltimore, has already missed two full seasons. He insisted that rehab was easier the second time around because he knew what to expect, even offering advice to Ritchie.

``The best way to approach it is kind of not to think about it,'' Buckhalter said. ``I went out there like I never hurt it. That's why I was so fluid and so quick because I didn't think about it.''

Buckhalter, the Eagles' fourth-round draft choice out of Nebraska in 2001, was part of a three-back attack that included the now-departed Duce Staley and restricted free agent Brian Westbrook.

Westbrook is still around, and a few stalls down in the Eagles' locker room is rookie Ryan Moats, who provides insurance for the Eagles and was the Western Athletic Conference player of the year at Louisiana Tech.

Buckhalter said he wasn't worried about Moats taking his spot.

``I'm just worried and concerned about what I can do out there on the field,'' Buckhalter said. ``I just want to get out there and show those guys I'm ready to perform.''

While maybe he won't last the whole year due to yet another injury, Buckhalter's return should cut into the production of Westbrook - particularly touchdowns. I say he comes as a good value in a draft.

823352[/snapback]

Well, westbrook only had 3 rushing Td's last year. it's hard to have too many less than that.

Well, westbrook only had 3 rushing Td's last year.  it's hard to have too many less than that.

823457[/snapback]

how many rec. TD's did he have?....didn't he have like 3 in one game?...

plus, if TO holds out....both of these backs are worth something...

Westbrook had three rushing and six receiving TDs in a year where really only Dorsey Levens helped out. If TO holds out, and there is now a good chance since I just bought him in an auction for one team, then Westbrook's receiving yardage will remain high if he stays healthy. He had 723 catches for 703 yards last year and that was really only in 12 games.

And his six recieving scores came in only three games - GB (3), WAS (2) and @NYG (1). And they only happened between weeks 11 and 13.