[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mueller......Mueller.....?

Hitman

Mueller named new Dolphins GM

This certainly puts an interesting twist on the Ricky Williams situation. He is the guy that traded Williams from the Saints to the 'Fins. When he was writing for ESPN insider, I remember an article discussing Ricky and Saban. I don't have insider but does anyone remember what Mueller said regarding the situation? With him coming aboard I wouldn't doubt that if Ricky does come back...he's traded a 2nd time by Mueller. If fact, Mueller coming aboard could have alot to do with Ricky coming back or not. Who knows, he could really WANT to be traded and probably knows Mueller only increases the chances of it actually happening.

BTW, on the REAL issue here, which is Mueller returning and taking a GM job, I think the Dolphins are making a good move, and Mueller will make their organization better. His only problem seemed to be in power struggles with the owner on big decisions regarding personnel. There was some speculation that he was making some decisions on his own and tried to walk with too long of a leash from Saints owner Tom Benson. A talented guy, but we'll see how well he works with Huizenga sp? and Saban.

Good hire. Much better than Speilman by far. As far as the Ricky deal goes, Mueller is a regular on the SportsBash on ESPN Radio. He said that the reason they drafted Duece was because they could already see that there could be problems with Ricky and the organization. They decided to hedge their bets and get Deuce which made Ricky expendable and an extremely valuable trade option which they got in draft picks from the Dolphins. A great move on Mueller's part.

He should be an asset to the organization.

I think that was the best thing the FINS have done in a while! But I still don't think It will turn around for a few years.......they have a long way to go.........................far far away where the winners are!