[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ray Allen resigns with the Sonics

bushwacked

Sonic fans rejoice!  Now they can get McMillan back and should be a high caliber team for the next few years. 

Link

864901[/snapback]

Count your lucky stars. I was convinced he was going to the Cavs. Now they'll put forth the effort to get Redd - which is probably a better option than Allen, anyways. There was an outside shot he was coming to the Lakers, too. Would have been sorta strange, though.

High caliber team? I guess. Allen & Lewis are a nice 1-2 punch, but you have to consider that the Lakers are going to improve, as will the Warriors and even the Clippers. Add in the fact that the Spurs are awesome, Denver's solid and improving... and umm, Sacramento and Dallas are always tough. Poor Seattle; they're destined for decent, 45-50 win seasons and first or second round playoff exits for the immediate future. :D

Count your lucky stars.  I was convinced he was going to the Cavs.  Now they'll put forth the effort to get Redd - which is probably a better option than Allen, anyways.  There was an outside shot he was coming to the Lakers, too.  Would have been sorta strange, though.

864994[/snapback]

:D allen wanted nothing to do with LA.... and made that very clear. Redd better than Ray..... please. :D

High caliber team?  I guess.  Allen & Lewis are a nice 1-2 punch, but you have to consider that the Lakers are going to improve, as will the Warriors and even the Clippers.  Add in the fact that the Spurs are awesome, Denver's solid and improving... and umm, Sacramento and Dallas are always tough.  Poor Seattle; they're destined for decent, 45-50 win seasons and first or second round playoff exits for the immediate future.  :D

864994[/snapback]

the lakers are hell & gone from contending...... suckromento got their asses handed to them by Seattle in the playoffs - their window has closed.

did you say golden state ? :D

the sonics have quietly been getting better & younger over the past few years. collison, ridnour, radmonovic are all recent draft choices that have done pretty f'n good. the need to keep Antonio Daniels in the fold & get Nate signed & they'll be fine. noone is predicting a NBA crown here..... but of all the teams that played SA this post season...... the sonics played them as good as anyone.

they're definitely heading in the right direction.

I still can't believe you mentioned the warriors in a statement about the good teams in the west. :D:D:D

:D  allen wanted nothing to do with LA.... and made that very clear. Redd better than Ray..... please. :D

the lakers are hell & gone from contending...... suckromento got their asses handed to them by Seattle in the playoffs - their window has closed.

did you say golden state ? :D

the sonics have quietly been getting better & younger over the past few years. collison, ridnour, radmonovic are all recent draft choices that have done pretty f'n good.  the need to keep Antonio Daniels in the fold & get Nate signed & they'll be fine. noone is predicting a NBA crown here..... but of all the teams that played SA this post season...... the sonics played them as good as anyone.

they're definitely heading in the right direction.

I still can't believe you mentioned the warriors in a statement about the good teams in the west.  :D  :D  :D

865019[/snapback]

One overlying question: do you watch the NBA?

Let's see... the Warriors played some of the best basketball in the NBA to end last season. A healthy Baron Davis will make this team incredibly dangerous. I'm not saying they're going to win the division or even make the playoffs. But I guarantee they will surprise some teams.

Talk about :D ... COLLISON? :D !!!!!!!!!!!! OK!!!!!!!!!!!! Ridnour's a savvy PG that can distribute, but he's not a playmaker or scorer. Limited upside there, so ::D

Sonics, headed in the right direction? What direction is that? Allen is old... and their second-best player? Um, the Sonics played BETTER when he (Lewis) was in street clothes. Daniels is pretty much gone, leaving you with Ridnour at PG. Jerome James is pretty much gone, too. And who's to say that they're gonna be able to sign McMillan? It could get ugly up there. Oh yeah, Evans is a FA. Murray's a FA. So is Radmonovic. Uh oh. Hey, at least Mateen Cleaves is on the roster.

They played the Spurs pretty tight - only because the Spurs had to adjust from their completely different first-round matchup with the Nuggets. The Nugs were pounding the Spurs and slowing the game down. Spurs adjusted to this style and knocked them off. Then coming into the Sonics series, they were a bit off-kilter and took a game to reset themselves and run with the Sonics... which they did, and dispensed of them.

Recent draft choices? I know you're not referring to the 2005 draft. 2 green Euros and a fat, underachieving Lawrence Roberts? Yeah, nice draft. Last season? Robert Swift. Do I need to expand on that one?

Sacramento does suck, don't get me wrong... but they will hang around the middle of the pack, make the playoffs, and bow out. They're still somewhat strong.

The Lakers will not contend for the title, but like Sacramento, will hang around and will win games.

Yes, Redd's a better LONG-TERM option than Allen. Redd's an Ohio guy. Younger... better fit with LeBron. Come on, boss, read in context here.

whoa whoa whoa....

Couple of observations here:

Golden State looked very strong towards the end of last year.

Now for my homer bias to come out:

Ridnour has the ability to become more than a savvy point guard, especially when he becomes more selfish as a scorer. Darin, he wasn't much of a playmaker or scorer in his first two seasons in NBA, but he dang sure was in college. What was Stockton and Joe Nash like their first two years. His defense also improved greatly last year.

Nick Collison played his first NBA season last year. He was a much better player than I expected in all assests of the game. I previously thought he could become a decent role player in the NBA. I now think he has a chance of becoming one of the better 2nd tier power forwards.

Edited by bushwacked

whoa whoa whoa....

Couple of observations here:

Golden State looked very strong towards the end of  last year. 

Now for my homer bias to come out:

Ridnour has the ability to become more than a savvy point guard, especially when he becomes more selfish as a scorer.  Darin, he wasn't much of a playmaker or scorer in his first two seasons in NBA, but he dang sure was in college.  What was Stockton and Joe Nash like their first two years.  His defense also improved greatly last year. 

Nick Collison played his first NBA season last year.  He was a much better player than I expected in all assests of the game.  I previously thought he could become a decent role player in the NBA.  I now think he has a chance of becoming one of the better 2nd tier power forwards.

865286[/snapback]

Opinions duly noted.

Ridnour will never be a pure scorer in the NBA. Not with the talented (not to mention bigger) guards in the NBA. The weak Pac-10 is nowhere close to the NBA. Who's Joe Nash? :D Stockton and (Steve) Nash were/are not pure scorers. They CAN score, but not like larger guards. I like Ridnour; don't get me wrong... he's just never going to be an elite PG like Stockton or Nash.

Collison doesn't have the offensive game to be anywhere close to a "second tier" power forward. He will be a career role player or perhaps a starter that never averages more than 10 points.

Opinions duly noted.

Ridnour will never be a pure scorer in the NBA.  Not with the talented (not to mention bigger) guards in the NBA.  The weak Pac-10 is nowhere close to the NBA.  Who's Joe Nash?  :D  Stockton and (Steve) Nash were/are not pure scorers.  They CAN score, but not like larger guards.  I like Ridnour; don't get me wrong... he's just never going to be an elite PG like Stockton or Nash.

Collison doesn't have the offensive game to be anywhere close to a "second tier" power forward.  He will be a career role player or perhaps a starter that never averages more than 10 points.

865304[/snapback]

Doh,,,Steve Nash.

BTW, in the playoffs Collison averaged 19.5 minutes/8.8 pts/4.5 rbds as a ROOKIE (esetnially anyway). I think your assertion is way off and I'm guessing you didn't see him play much towards the end of last year.

:D

Doh,,,Steve Nash.

BTW, in the playoffs Collison averaged 19.5 minutes/8.8 pts/4.5 rbds as a ROOKIE (esetnially anyway).  I think your assertion is way off and I'm guessing you didn't see him play much towards the end of last year. 

:D

865325[/snapback]

Nah I saw him play. He'll up his minutes and boards over the course of the next few seasons, but I can nearly guarantee he'll never average more than 10 points.

But that still can mean he will be a really good role player. I am guessing he will be averaging 12 and 10 at the high point of his career. But a lot of people will want him because if he starts putting up averages of 12 and 10 and probably be ending up paid cheaply (compared to other nba players) he is a nice pick up.