[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What kind of draft strategy? HELP

Wirsteve

Well I've been trying to think of a new strategy, because usually I was the guy who stood by picking good running backs first. Now due to the explosion in good-decent running backs, I can mess around with the way I draft more since I haven't won a fantasy football league in three long years. I was first going to try to get one good player at the three big postions, QB RB WR, but then I remembered my league not only gives six points for a TD for a QB, but we start three WR. Which throws a curveball into my plan. I start 1 QB, 2 RB, and 3 WR. Now the first few rounds which should be actually easy are actually going to be almost difficult. I'm also playing in a 10 person league, and some of the people really don't know what they're doing. Anyway back to my question, how should I approach my draft, assuming I get a medium draft pick which is probably where I will end up. Should I draft a RB then a WR and then a QB...what???? HELP

We start the same format that you have, and last year I intentionally neglected the receiver position (even though we start 3), and concentrated on the other positions, where I had the top 1 or 2 at ALL the other positions ! I left the draft with Andre Johnson as my BEST receiver, but had Culpepper, LT, Fred Taylor, Tony Gonazalez, and Baltimore defense ! Well, guess what , I won the league GOING away, as I picked up enough receiver help along the way to help round out my team ! (i.e Burleson ) Guess I am trying to say, don't get all hung up on the receiver position, as there are a handful of UNDRAFTED ones who will show up on the radar throughout the season !! :D

Same setup here. Had #5 and went RB then QB(Peyton)-RB. Top WR was A. Johnson too, plus I got Roy Williams and M. Clayton. We get pts for receptions which really helped. There are plenty of WR if you don't get a Stud WR.

Edited by Venus